Vent of a goat addict

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Typically around here there's nice goats for sale via craigs list and best farm buys but lately I just don't know what's up! I've having terrible luck finding what I'm looking for. Driving me bonkers! Is it just that time of year where everyone is selling off the worst in their herds or what?! I'm in serious need of a goat fix and I'm having no luck... I must find my patience... I know I left it lay around here somewhere... :barnie

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There is a goat meat shortage, Goat prices are through the roof. And since most people kid around now to april, they are just mostly sold out. Good luck with that patience

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well there's lots of ads for boer goats here. Dairy goats are a scarcity it seems.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
What are you looking for and where are you? Maybe someone oh here would be close by and wanting to sell goats.

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I live in MN. I want lamanchas from a clean herd. There's several breeders around and I have one baby reserved but I'm wishing I'd either reserved 2 for March so the one wouldn't be lonely in the kid pen or found a doe bred so we wouldn't have to wait so long for milk. None that I've contacted are willing to part with any more or have any more available to reserve unless it's a buckling. I've contacted a few ads for other dairy goats that seem promising but they've all turned out to have issues. There was a lovely bred lamancha awhile back and I waited too long to contact them so she was already spoken for. So now I'm really kicking myself for not nabbing her now that I'm having such trouble. It's all poor planning on my part. At the time I thought one of mine was bred and would have kidded close to the same time so the new baby wouldn't be alone. But she didn't settle so I may end up with a house goat when the new baby gets here. :rolleyes:

I'm contacting the breeder I have the one reserved from to beg for another baby...

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I hear ya....
All they have around here are..... Nubians, Fainters, Nigerian Dwarfs, and Boers... My four LEAST favorite types of goats. **** No Affense!*** NO OTHER DAIRY GOATS... UGGHHHH

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:weee I'm so relieved! I got a hold of the breeder and she's going to sell me a second doeling! I was so worried since she had mentioned wanting to retain most of the doe crop this year. Ahhhh... I can relax now. :th