What am I?

Buster

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey, y'all! What breed of goat is this, or if a mutt, what breed does he have in him?

Guy I bought him from doesn't know...

GoatsandRangers033.jpg

GoatsandRangers035.jpg

Thanks in advance.

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
hey buster!

the little ears make me think they are some kind of La Mancha mix.. especially the younger one on the right. the older one doesnt seem to have the right face but definitely the ears.
:)

happy goating!

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's a LaMancha cross. It has LaMancha "elf" ears (that style is not acceptable on bucks for registration, and is what you usually see with a crossbred LaMancha). The face looks Nubian though, LaManchas have a straight or dished face.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Definitely a LaMancha x Nubian....could be something else in there, but those 2 are definitely visible.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna 2nd Roll....I'd call him a NuMancha. :)

ThornyRidge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I concur... definately some type of lamancha and nubian mix... definately some roman noses going on....could also call it a La Manchubian!!

rmbouillon

Just born
Reaction score
looks LaMancha Nubian and the horns look like kikos.. nice looking except for the elf ears.. if it had the "proper" buck gopher ears it would be a very nice buck.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Gopher ears w/ a Roman nose wouldn't make him any better of a buck than he is w/ elf ears and a Roman nose.

He's got great shoulders, a nice muscular frame, and looks to be standing on good legs. Those little ear flaps don't mean near what all the rest does.

Since he's obviously a crossbred buck, 'breed character' is out the window, and that boy shows he's gotten some good genes.