What kind of breed is skittles?

Nikki

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We just got Skittles yesterday- and the lady said Skittles was about 5-6 weeks old.
4148_img_3570.jpg

4148_img_3571.jpg

4148_img_3566.jpg

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well. her color is chinchilla, so she is probably one of the Chinchilla breeds. Her ears are proportionately rather long, so I'm thinking that American Chin is more likely; or even Giant Chin, rather than Standard Chin.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new bun.

Love the name.

K

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Did you maybe see how big her parents were? Did you get her from a breeder or someone just had two bunnies? Or someone who got her and didn't want her?
Judging by the rareity of American Chinchillas, I highly doubt you stumbled across one, but it is possible. Almost all breeds come in the chinchilla color. Also, she looks pretty long, like she may have a mandolin shaped body. If she is a large rabbit, I would say flemish giant or a flemish giant cross. She has a more chisled flemish-type head than a blocky Giant chinchilla head. But again, it is really hard to tell. I say she looks like a darn fine rabbit though and I hope you like her :D I really like the chinchilla color.

For comparison, this is an 8 week old Giant Chinchilla kit.

3525_jrbuck2.jpg

Sunshyne276

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm thinking chinchilla Rex. Cute rabbit :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
DKRabbitry said:
Did you maybe see how big her parents were? Did you get her from a breeder or someone just had two bunnies? Or someone who got her and didn't want her?
Judging by the rareity of American Chinchillas, I highly doubt you stumbled across one, but it is possible. Almost all breeds come in the chinchilla color. Also, she looks pretty long, like she may have a mandolin shaped body. If she is a large rabbit, I would say flemish giant or a flemish giant cross. She has a more chisled flemish-type head than a blocky Giant chinchilla head. But again, it is really hard to tell. I say she looks like a darn fine rabbit though and I hope you like her :D I really like the chinchilla color.

For comparison, this is an 8 week old Giant Chinchilla kit.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/3525_jrbuck2.jpg
Absolutely beautiful kit DKRabbitry.

Nikki, definitely have some Chincilla in your sweet bun. Wishing you all the luck.

K

bunnylovincowgirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
American Chin really isn't too rare. I'm surprised at how popular it seems with hobby farm owners. I would guess that your bunny is an American Chin, or some mixed breed with chinchilla coloring. :) She's a sweetie!

Latest posts