What should I FEED this baby ? Just got her a couple hours ago..

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Impossible to answer your questions without a lot more info. How old is the pig? Weight? Breed? Past history? Has it had colostrum?

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You have the photograph locked. Can't see it at all. If it is a six lb pot belly that is a lot older than a 6lb hampshire.

Either way you can feed it whole milk to start out. Goats milk is better if you have it but cow will do. I would pan feed so you don't have to deal with training from a bottle back to a pan. Baby pigs can eat from a pan starting at like a day or two old and they adapt pretty quickly when they find out food is involved.

Until we know how old it is it is hard to say how long to give it milk. Probably a couple weeks though. Give the piglet both milk and some pig chow soaked in water or milk to make a mash to start out. If it is both eating and eliminating then it should be ok.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
looks like a pot bellied pig to me. Very very cute. I am sure you all will have fun with her.

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
be my friend on FB ..... we can never have too many friends. You can always delete me later.. EVA JOY

here are a few pics

SHE HAS TEETH AND WEIGHS 6 POUNDS. She ate some softened Dog Food today and she also drinks a bottle..... What should I be doing with her? any and all help and suggestions welcome. She is a adorable.
\