Willow Breeze Farm Kidding Watch. Blu kidded see last post :)

willowbreezefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ok :) so its my turn to be on kidding watch. My girls are due on the 17th of june.
Binky seems to be having mild discofort. Today she kept laying down and getting up along with pawing the ground serval times before she would lay back down. She then would roll on her side and then stand up and repeat her self. She is very round her vulva is now very swollen and is slitley opened oh and she is walking with a woddle.
So if any of you can give me some insight on what is happening that would be great!
This is the first time for both does. An my first kidding experience. Do I sound nervouse anyone?? ;)

Well I hope she waits until tomorrow to kid. That away she and the girls will be in a safe field away from the horses. Today I was fence building with my brother and got everything done except the gate. So if she waits until after tomorrow that would save me a lot of worrie!
But I will post pics of kids when they arrive :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
sounds like she is getting ready and is very uncomfortable. Goats can be tricksters & liars, but just incase, keep an eye or at least an ear on her. If you start to hear, " IIIIEEEHHH!!!! " go running out with the camera! And then post the pics up on here once you slightly get over the " :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :weee :weee :weee " reaction! ;) :D

willowbreezefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks! I went up to check on her this morning and she was still laying down and she was making these little noises when she would breath. My other doe is not showing any if these signs yet but they both were in the field with buck the last week in january. She is swollen in the back and her udder is developing and its her first kid and it already down to her back leg joints. So both girls have nice udders for there first time.

willowbreezefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Binkys udder has reaaly filled the last few days. Its very full compaired to my other doe blu s udder. I will take pics an post tonight.no babies yet.. can they birth before there due date? She is due on the 17th.

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sounds very close! :weee
I think there has been talk on here about others that went a few days early. Especially when there are triplets or quads.
Hope your battery is charged and the memory stick is empty!

willowbreezefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
4108_binky1.jpg

This is Binky today. If you go back to my other posts and look at the pictures you will see her udder was not this bagged up.

willowbreezefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well I think we could be getting real close. Went to the barn today and the whole time I was up there Binky was talking to her self REAL loud and had some white discharge.
I mean every five minutes she would be talking and talking and talking. :D
I really think she is trying to keep her cool as she is the herd queen :rolleyes:
Her udder is almost to the ground and her nipples are pointed out wards. When I fed everyone she did not eat her meal nor any hay :/
Not sure if that is normal or not? But not normal for her since she likes to scarf hers down and then go steal the other does meal.
Well Im just counting down to when she will kid. She was bred last week of January I know for sure since she did not come back into heat the next cycle. So she is either due on between the 17th and 25th. I really dont think she will wait another week to go. Her belly looks real tight and she is making puff noises as she breaths when she is laying down.
Im hoping for PINK but if I get BLUE its ok too. I just had bad experience with a little boy I had. Poor fella. :(

Well I will keep updating my thread as much as I can!

Oh how long after a doe births does the placenta come out?

Thanks you guys!!:p

Latest posts