Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good job on getting lambs to auction and decent prices. Sorry about your sister's health. Hope she improves an enjoys trip to Scotland. Didn't she just finish remodeling her house after the last hurricane?
Yes, I think the stress of the whole thing got her down. Worst insurance adjuster ever. Sat on her paperwork for weeks. Complaints to her insurance agent, adjuster’s company and FEMA did little to prod the bastard into action. From January 28 to April 9, she had no money and by the Grace of the contractor, he floated her financially, fixed her home and she paid him April 9. By then she was sick. I talked her on Thursday the 11, and she was up and feeling better. Friday morning she couldn’t even get up. Her friend went to check on her and called the ambulance. Full blown bladder infection, pneumonia and blood infection. I’d love to pound a mudhole in that insurance adjuster’s face.

She’s been home a few days, is not out of the woods yet. Doctor seems to think she will be ok to travel, so off we go.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y’all want to hear something screaming hilarious?
Son got a phone call last summer about a job in Jackson Hole Wyoming. He did a phone interview, really wanted to go until he was offered $28 per hour. Son told the man he wouldn’t go for less than $45 per hour and if he found someone that would take the job for that pay, he was gonna wish that he hadn’t.

Today same man calls him, asks if he remembered their conversation last summer. Son said yes, man offers him the same job at $35 per hour. It came out in the conversation that their crane operator flipped the crane over. Not only flipped the crane, but it landed on the bridge they were building, destroying both. Gotta tear it all down and start over. Son asked him if he remembered what he told him about how he was going to wish he hadn’t hired a cheap crane operator, man muttered yeah. Son told him he wouldn’t go for less than $45 and he wasn’t going to find anyone in the South that was any good that would go up there for $35. You get what you pay for. I was laughing like a hyena. Son rubbed the man’s nose in it. Son has a way of slapping someone in the face with truth that is knee slapping funny. @Ridgetop has met him and can attest to that.

Son carries a license for every crane except for the one on top of tall buildings. He had to be sponsored by a company to become licensed. One by one, he gained licenses. It was hard to earn those licenses. Now “schools” are turning out crane operators and most are deficient.