Buford T. Justice

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love watching the animas walk "tip toe" to sneak up on each other. My old TWH mare hated the goats. I had the Boer goats penned in the adjacent stall for breeding. She would "tip toe" up to the corral fence and try to bite the sleeping goats. I put plastic horse mesh on the corral panels to protect the goats, but I noticed after a couple weeks of being rudely jolted from sleep by a horse trying to bite them through the mesh, they all started sleeping on the opposite side of the pen. LOL And Peta tries to tell us that animals are kind and gentle to each other.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Horses bite and kick each other to establish and keep lead mare social order. I had a gelding that was ALWAYS at the bottom of the herd social order. I sold a nice mare one time because she went out of her way to beat him up. He was terrified of her. Can anyone say “bully”? Nice? Not hardly.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Walt Disney and his movies have a lot to answer for! Cute little wild animals like bunnies, skunks, squirrels, etc. can be really nasty customers.

Here are some of the lies told by Peta and similar organizations:

"Animals don't make war"
Baboons and chimpanzees troops will attack other groups over territory. Wolf packs will fight other wolf packs to take over their territory. So will those cute little Meercats. Lion packs will chase out and destroy cheetahs, leopards, and hyena packs living in their territories. Hyenas wll attack other predators in their territories. They not only kill the adults, but also will destroy babies in the burrows and dens.

"Animals only kill to eat"
It is not unusual to find entire groups of domestic animals all killed by one predator who doesn't eat them. Cougars will often kill multiple penned animals teaching cub to hunt. Weasels will kill whole flocks of chickens to store up the bodies.

"Animals don't kill humans for prey"
Humans have been one of the staples of the Polar bear diet for a thousand years. Black Bears and grizzlies also will eat their share of people if hungry.

"Predator animals are more afraid of you than you are of them"
:gig:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Only in areas where they are regularly hunted, and only if you are carrying a gun.

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Walt Disney and his movies have a lot to answer for! Cute little wild animals like bunnies, skunks, squirrels, etc. can be really nasty customers.

Here are some of the lies told by Peta and similar organizations:

"Animals don't make war"
Baboons and chimpanzees troops will attack other groups over territory. Wolf packs will fight other wolf packs to take over their territory. So will those cute little Meercats. Lion packs will chase out and destroy cheetahs, leopards, and hyena packs living in their territories. Hyenas wll attack other predators in their territories. They not only kill the adults, but also will destroy babies in the burrows and dens.

"Animals only kill to eat"
It is not unusual to find entire groups of domestic animals all killed by one predator who doesn't eat them. Cougars will often kill multiple penned animals teaching cub to hunt. Weasels will kill whole flocks of chickens to store up the bodies.

"Animals don't kill humans for prey"
Humans have been one of the staples of the Polar bear diet for a thousand years. Black Bears and grizzlies also will eat their share of people if hungry.

"Predator animals are more afraid of you than you are of them"
:gig:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Only in areas where they are regularly hunted, and only if you are carrying a gun.
The Disney movies have done more harm to proper conservation efforts than any other groups.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I worked with Buford on ewes and lambs. I put him on a leash and walked him all around the front field. We walked through the flock. Then I took the leash off and we walked some more. I sat in a lawn chair and he laid beside me for awhile. Then he made rounds , checking the ewes and behaving himself.

Yesterday I put Buford in the front field with the ewes and lambs-and went in the house. I looked out the window from time to time aaaaaannndddd Buford was perfect all day!

He was on watch, he ran off a buzzard and he didn’t want to play with ewes or lambs at all. He was so good! My puppy is growing up.

Latest posts