Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had coffee from a fire in my back yard prepared by men who were desperate. My husband said they could boil coffee over the fire. Friends thought he was nuts until he told them that I said so. I woke up to the tantalizing smell of coffee. It was Hurricane Rita, I was spending nights in an elementary school where we sheltered people fleeing the storm, only had a couple hours of sleep. I followed my nose to find coffee. And WHAT did those men use for a coffee cooker? My big granite ware turkey roasting pan! Best durn coffee ever!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The nurse cow has huge bag. Idk what she produces. since there has only been her calf sucking. The new leppie calf is having a hard time so they decided to milk her and bottle feed him. We spent the afternoon looking for all the parts we need to put my old belly milker back together. Looks like it’ll work except for a bad coupler on the pump, which of course I can’t find a replacement for…so he’s got it held together with spit and barbed wire…sure would be nice to have some fresh raw milk again…I really miss having all my tasty stuff…

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so glad that coffee was never a necessity for me... I would miss fresh milk A LOT.... but not to the point of committing hari-kari... there's not much I "gotta have".... I usually get up in the morning and get going without having to eat or drink anything... except to take allergy med first thing this time of year and I will take it with anything wet.... for the next month I will deal with it and as soon as the orchard grass first cutting is done I am good....and of course some aspirin, tylenol, ibuprofen, etc for the old age aches is pretty much a HAVE to HAVE.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly, the leppie died last night. The nurse cow has mastitis in a back quarter (surprised she doesn’t have it in all 4 with just one calf on her…)
Boone and Fen played their morning game of tag and the cow was stripped with my bucket milker

IMG_8376.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just caught the Liddle Biddy Book Club trying to mosey their way under the deck.
This brought back a nightmare of a memory when I found some other old hens let over a dozen eggs go rotten under there about 11 years ago
I got down, and wore myself out dragging them to me and filling my arms with them so I could dispose of them before they exploded.
Lacking the energy to go all the way to the end (12’ ?) I chose to put my stubby little leg up in the deck where I was to just step up…
I also lacked muscle strength and wound up going down face first, destroying my shoulder completely.
If laying on my face on top of 18 BROKEN, rotten eggs, multiple rotator cuff tears and a busted labrum preventing my joint from going back together wasn’t enough, my screams for help eventually brought TheMan to my rescue…almost.

He was about 6’ away when he got a whiff of the eggs and started dry heaving. He wound up taking a hose to me until he could get close enough to help me up.
He insisted on cutting my shirt off and forcing my screaming, sobbing self into the shower before having the vet, who just happened to be checking cows that day to have a look. After saying “I ain't touchin’ that!” he advised we make the 4 hr drive to town where yet another surgery followed with an 11 month recovery before I could ride again. (Why do I take so long to heal ?? )
Yeah. Ladies, say hello to the new bouncer and have your party somewhere else!

IMG_8382.jpeg

IMG_8383.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The cow pictured with your milk tub has tiny teats! 🥴😳 My goats have better...but, large udder. Black -- is she a Dexter?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The cow pictured with your milk tub has tiny teats! 🥴😳 My goats have better...but, large udder. Black -- is she a Dexter?
No, she’s 1/4 Jersey 3/4 Angus. It works well because my inflations were for my Jersey and I don’t have bigger ones for fat teated cows. Although in the pic they are already stripped. They JUST fit in the inflations.
The Dexter is in Idaho.
I just want one.
Badly.
I miss raw milk and miss making cheese and stuff. And butter. And all the stuff
If only I was healthy enough to know I could do it without putting another burden on TheMan…
This is the Dex. Mama is 5, on her 3rd calf.

He hasn’t said no yet…

IMG_8389.jpeg

Latest posts