Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Let me know when you run the Vermont City Marathon in Burlington. 25 miles south of me.

My sister-in-law lives in Alexandria, VA. She's run the Marine Marathon a number of times. I might be able to get you a space on the couch if you do it. Of course I'd have to ask her first ;)
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll put that one on the bucket list!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
This past August I was scrolling through Facebook, keeping my eyes out for horses for my dad.
I saw several good horses, but we also weren't quite ready for a fourth horse. But I really just kept looking, knowing the day we were ready for a fourth horse, there was a hunting trip leaving.
One day, I saw a sorrel that caught my eye, trail horse, going in an online auction, and located south of here. I couldn't get my mind off of him. I kept my eye on the sale, and sent it to my dad, and he saw what I saw.
A day or two later, knowing the sale was ending in hours, I checked again and again saw that horse had no bids. I was getting ready to run with friends and got a call from my dad asking me to bid on that horse. About an hour later, we had bought our fourth horse, named Captain Call.
Then a day or two later I briefly met "Call" as my dad came through town with him and I brought him groceries.
He's been great for my parents, and a solid trail and hunting horse. But he has had his moments. Over Christmas I worked with him briefly, but my visit ended up being short because of a job.
Back in march, as talk of Ticket's retirement was happening, it was offered that I could work with Call. Call wasn't getting much work during the winter, and this really would be a win-win for both of us.
Easter afternoon, as I watched the trailer leave with my best friend and partner from the last 8 years, I turned to Call and we knew our journey was beginning.
It's been humbling so far, a new partner, new friend to work with. But I think we've both grown a lot together. In a couple weeks, I'll send him back, hopefully ready to work cows, and with a few new learned skills.
Oh, by the way, he thinks he's the cutest ever
26A7620D-4C1F-455D-94AB-B504F2B645A5.jpeg

353539D0-3683-402D-83EF-C0F5FCE0ABE7.jpeg