Baymule’s Journal

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bolivar was wiped off, only a few places remained. My sister said the old local hole in the wall places are gone, corporations bought it all up and chain restaurants and hotels are there now. We used to go ta a friends beach house, a couple of blocks from the water tower. Gone. So much destruction.
Destruction after the destruction, as if it couldn't get any worse. Six cabins down was Hwy 87 for Rollover Pass Bait & Tackle, our cabin was right on the pass and now the pass was taken too. Fifty miles inland where my place was at that seen more flooding in October of '94 than Ike said we need to raise our homes 6 feet off the ground, we never seen more than 2' of water back in '94.
Only one cabin stood in Bolivar that was livable, had it been me that built our cabin, I'm sure mine would of been the second one.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raining again. Another storm blowing through and scattered showers until 7 PM. Adding more misery on top of more misery.

My sister is becoming the Poster Old Lady of Search and Rescue. She is horrified, grateful they didn’t print her name. LOL She’s wet, her hair is a train wreck, no makeup and looks like something the cat dragged up that the kittens wouldn’t eat. Of course this picture has gone nation wide.

Attachment.jpeg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister is becoming the Poster Old Lady of Search and Rescue. She is horrified, grateful they didn’t print her name. LOL She’s wet, her hair is a train wreck, no makeup and looks like something the cat dragged up that the kittens wouldn’t eat. Of course this picture has gone nation wide.
Since she made it out okay, I can't help but laugh. If she had listened to everyone and left when water started rising this wouldn't have happened...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since she made it out okay, I can't help but laugh. If she had listened to everyone and left when water started rising this wouldn't have happened...
It still would have been a boat ride. Water came up super fast. Not even hurricane Harvey put water in the second story, but this did. Besides, my sister don’t listen very well. Stubborn, hard headed, sound like anyone else you know? LOL

I think that picture is in my too. I posted it on TEG. A friend in Idaho saw it and responded with her name, so yep, they did use her name with this awful picture! Knee slapping hilarious!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It still would have been a boat ride. Water came up super fast. Not even hurricane Harvey put water in the second story, but this did. Besides, my sister don’t listen very well. Stubborn, hard headed, sound like anyone else you know? LOL

I think that picture is in my too. I posted it on TEG. A friend in Idaho saw it and responded with her name, so yep, they did use her name with this awful picture! Knee slapping hilarious!
OH gawd - not the 15 minutes of fame that she was aiming for! ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I talked to my sister awhile ago. She and best friend were riding around looking at houses and apartments. She sounded upbeat and positive.

I told her of a friend on my garden forum in Idaho responding with her name, and she couldn’t believe it. 1. That he knew her name and 2. That he was in Idaho. LOL

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would think that now that she's accepted that she won't be going back and having to have everything fixed yet again would be a huge weight off her mind and stress relief, maybe even making the looking for a new home is even enjoyable.