Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a cool 60 here and it's damp after about 1/2" last night. Our surface ground needed it, so no mud, just wet grass. šŸ‘ Prob scattereds over next few days. Perfect. Enjoying coffee, TV church over....I don't drive to one anymore

Feed and look-see is about all I'll do outside this morn. Too wet to plow. The roof tin can continue to stay in the traileršŸ¤£šŸ¤£ maybe until next weekendšŸ¤· Guess it'll be a clean the house day -- had my mini vacay visit yesterday, slept well, really need to clean house!! Might run a canner of baked beans while it's cool & I'm inside šŸ¤”. Might bake something, too.

Plants all got rainwater on them last night. Need to sweep pellets off front porch, thanks to two goats who wouldn't get back in fence last night -- got onto porch as it rained! šŸ˜‹ Azaleas by porch will be happy with fertilizer.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning - on cuppa #2. We got rain this morning - woke up to a firehose looking rain chain - a whopping 1/4 inch in the guage -- trying to snag that stuff on it's way to OK & TX. Hope all you OK & TX peeps are ok, there's hardly any coverage on it. Go figure (avoiding stepping on a soapbox).
I averaged out my lambs and $ when I first worked out the numbers - did way better than I thought - pulled the actual weights I took and scored 3.52/lb. Same buyer bought the lambs - just wait until they taste them (assuming they were bought to eat) they'll be very pleased.
Had my brother and SIL for the last few days, in from CO. In chatting months ago I found out my SIL wasn't found of lamb, but my brother IS. So - I made lamb loin chops for all of us and a beef filet her in case she didn't care for the lamb. WELL -- she LOVED the lamb, said it was the best she's ever had :), then we divided up the beef filet (it was small) and all compared. My SIL said the lamb was way better than the beef. She said she'd take a lamb the next round of lambs.
Sun's out now - I'll finish up checking things here and then go out and get moving again (sheep already are munching on alfalfa, green stuff, and ginormous beets from the garden.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bright sun this morning... I collapsed last night and had a rough night. The pain in the leg turned into constant "charlie horse" type cramps and had me up several times in extreme bouts of cramps...
TheMan gets those often! He wakes up screaming. Once a muscle near his groin cramped so badly it tore!! With him itā€™s something genetic as his mom and daughter also get them šŸ˜ž
What a horrible way to spend a night!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know, Texas is not doing a good job convincing me it's a good place to move. It seems you're either in drought or immersed in flooding. And speaking of moving to Texas, is @Ridgetop doing okay?
Talked to Ridgetop yesterday, they were 200 miles out from Yantis. So they got in last night. Sheep were supposed to be there today. Havenā€™t called her, Iā€™m sure they are busy.

Rains like this just donā€™t happen very often without it being from a hurricane. People would do well to stay out of flood plains, river bottoms and downriver from dams.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What I thought was an ankle sprain is an aggravation of an old foot fracture. As solo ranch hand I couldnā€™t stay off of it and now Iā€™m on crutches. Bad me. If I went to a doctor Iā€™d hear that I have a fracture, I should stay off of said foot, be given a boot and maybe some crutches, told to take some ibuprofen- that will be $300 please. Well I already have a boot, crutches and ibuprofen. Iā€™m watching for fever and nausea and Iā€™ve saved $300. So Iā€™m in bed planning chores in this condition. And thinking about supplements because I canā€™t really reckon up the amount of foot bone damage to anything I did to cause it. Old age :tongue:tongue
Bone might be good and strong...

But, the foot holds so much weight, if the bone doesn't heal exactly right, torc it just a bit and it will re-break.

So... suck it up, or huge surgery to fix all the mess.

Because also... if it heals wrong bone spurs can grow which cause more issues.... and can make it more likely to re-break.

At least... that is Spouse's foot. Yeah... Spouse doesn't want the huge downtime from surgery.. so has opted to wear a brace when there is risk of messing it up... and bull on through.

:idunno

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
THE most important thing to do when looking for a home or land is to find the flood map data and other easement data. With way things are going ensure you are out of the 100yr flood plane if at all possible. When I doubt build Missouri style with aboveground garage built and house on 2nd story. If I was @Baymule's sister, I would have rebuilt house that way after first couple of floods.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
THE most important thing to do when looking for a home or land is to find the flood map data and other easement data. With way things are going ensure you are out of the 100yr flood plane if at all possible. When I doubt build Missouri style with aboveground garage built and house on 2nd story. If I was @Baymule's sister, I would have rebuilt house that way after first couple of floods.
Yep.... here I looked at soil data to make sure my house wouldn't slide down the mountain...

Nice stable soil.