OusleyFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

OusleyFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Va. Just saw this post. What do you have on Ousley Farms? Tell us a little and where you are?
Hello Back Yard Farmers. I live in Warsaw, Indiana. That is just 1 hour South of Notre Dame and Southbend, Indiana. I have 35 acres and just got 4 Katahdin sheep and we have 23 chickens. We make hay on the farm and spend a lot of time up keeping the land and outbuildings. I have lived on the farm for 47 years now. Wow how time gets away! Glad to be part of the group.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice to hear "what is going on".... if you go to your name top right, click down to accounts and to location and put in a general area.... it helps when people know where you are and ask a question or make a comment.... as you can see, I put in the general area I am in in Va. You can be specific if you want but some don't want to be that exact. It is what you are comfortable with.

Laying hens? Raise any for meat? Are the katahdin sheep for future meat? Just to eat some pasture and sell some lambs?
Do you sell the hay? We make hay for our beef cattle operation here, and sell some orchard grass to horse and some llama and sheep people also.

OusleyFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nice to hear "what is going on".... if you go to your name top right, click down to accounts and to location and put in a general area.... it helps when people know where you are and ask a question or make a comment.... as you can see, I put in the general area I am in in Va. You can be specific if you want but some don't want to be that exact. It is what you are comfortable with.

Laying hens? Raise any for meat? Are the katahdin sheep for future meat? Just to eat some pasture and sell some lambs?
Do you sell the hay? We make hay for our beef cattle operation here, and sell some orchard grass to horse and some llama and sheep people also.
Thank you for the suggestion of adding location. We use our hens for the eggs, and I will use our sheep for pasture control and cannot wait to have our first lambs on the farm next year. And I sell hay to two local farmers.