Infected Tag Lamb Ear

Persephone

Just born
Reaction score
I am currently showing a lamb for fair. Fair is only a 2 weeks away and my lambs ear is infected. I eventually found out the cause of the infection was improper tagging done in the fair. I removed the tag from his ear, cleaned it up, and applied Blu-Kote Aerosol Farm First. I’m scared that how is ear looks right now will affect him being sold at fair. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could apply on him to help him heal. I’m new to showing lambs and know very little. Even some advice would help! Thank you

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am currently showing a lamb for fair. Fair is only a 2 weeks away and my lambs ear is infected. I eventually found out the cause of the infection was improper tagging done in the fair. I removed the tag from his ear, cleaned it up, and applied Blu-Kote Aerosol Farm First. I’m scared that how is ear looks right now will affect him being sold at fair. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could apply on him to help him heal. I’m new to showing lambs and know very little. Even some advice would help! Thank you
If it’s fungus we have a problem. But if it’s just an ear infection from a tag that’s fine. The blu-kote is my favorite for that sort of thing. Make sure you cleaning that ear constantly and spraying it. I am not sure how you show you lamb but maybe practice when you hold his head pointing his ears up and covering it. I do it with the goat more than my lamb but here are some ideas for placement if you want to try. Not that the ear should change anything but some judges are picky about the little things they see first.

Make sure you contact the fair that you took the tag out due to irritation that may lead to infection. They might supply you with a new one or tell you what to do. I know for my fair if a tag is removed or lost there is a whole process to get a new one. But he needs his tag to go to fair and be butchered.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.png
    IMG_3485.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3484.png
    IMG_3484.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3483.png
    IMG_3483.png
    1 MB · Views: 14