1 day old does very runny poo

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It sounds like a normal situation. I can understand how easy it is to get worried though :hugs

In answer to your question on a makeshift tube feeder....any piece of sturdy yet flexible tubing will work. You can find lots of options at your local hardware store for this. Coupled with a funnel makes a good alternative to a feeding tube.

GOATBOOTS

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I bought some tubing from the pet store for fish aquariums that I think will work well if I need it in the future. Thankfully I don't think I will need it. I just got very worried because we have never had a single problem with any of our kids until this year so I have no experience. We just suddenly lost a buckling that was not quite 24 hours old a few days ago. He seemed perfectly healthy and was huge compared to his tiny sister (who is doing great btw). Went to t-ball practice and he was almost gone when we got home. He was freezing cold and had flies already around him. He died about 5 minutes later. We were devastated and have no idea what went wrong. I may just be overly sensitive. Thank you all for your input.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm sorry about the one you lost a few days ago. Unfortunately some things just happen and we're not sure what the cause was. I've experienced it myself too.

Please do keep us updated on this little one.

GOATBOOTS

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Update....Both are doing great. Back to thick sticky yellow poo like I am used to. Both have lots of energy and are starting to play with our 2 week old doe. Thank you for your input. It is great to have a place to go for answers.

Latest posts