20 Items Means 20 Items

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Honestly, I think that if my biggest problem of the day was worrying about what someone else is doing in the line ahead of me, then I'd thank my lucky stars that I don't have any real problems that day.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, don't pet the sweaty stuff.
:thumbsup

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Honestly, I think that if my biggest problem of the day was worrying about what someone else is doing in the line ahead of me, then I'd thank my lucky stars that I don't have any real problems that day.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, don't pet the sweaty stuff.
X2. Love the saying Roll!

And if the sweaty stuff is on a goat....definitely don't pet. :lol:

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last night I got behind someone in the express lane, they have 12 turkeys and I figured no big deal. They had to ring up every single one seperatly and were making notes in a book as they did it!

I was late getting home, hubby was late, the dogs needed to be walked before they peed on my carpet....again. I just waited patiently, what else can you do.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Life goes on and the carpets need cleaning already anyways.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
terrielacy said:
Yesterday I was shopping and I had about 30 items in my cart. As I passed the express lane, intending to go to a regular line, the cashier invited me in. There was no one in line, no one around. Just as I got done unloading and the cashier started ringing, 3 people showed up.

Sometimes you don't know what happened before you got there. Those 20 items or less signs are not law. They are guidelines.

If someone had been so rude as to chastise me, they would have gotten an earful.
I have had the same thing happen to me more than once.

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I ignore the limit to a point. If it'll take me less than five minutes to ring up--not hard to estimate--then I don't sweat it. It takes me about half the time to get my cart full than it does most people to get their 20 items. I've always been a speed shopper even when browsing. Get in, grab, get out! If I can shop without ever coming to a complete stop then it's a good day!

The one time this DID make me mad was last year Wal-Mart on Black Friday. I had ONE item, headed for the express lane and got behind a rude woman with two--count em TWO--overflowing carts. Also, our Wal-Mart shuts down all but one aisle at night and on a very very good day it takes about 30 minutes to get checked out. The line goes all the way through the front section of apparel and still they won't open another aisle. Checkers are standing aimlessly at the front of the store and STILL no more aisles opened. It's enough to drive a person insane. We have a lot of factories in town and people who work the second shift have to shop after 11pm etc and they deserve to not stand for five hours in BLAZING HEAT (so much for those industrial air conditioners) and slowly lose their faith in humanity. Just sayin.

CYG