2013 Kids on HIll Kidding Aunt B is in the kidding pen, April 7th.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd get a boer if they would just stay that cute adorable kid size.... mini boers! :p

They all look so healthy and happy! :thumbsup

Love the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Dancer had triplets and Snowball had twin bucks in the middle of the night. We lost one of Snowballs, before we got out to the barn and realized she had kidded. That stinks, It is 27 out, I didn't think it was so cold that it would be that big of a problem they kidded in the barn with the barn closed up. Guess I was wrong. Dancer's triplets are standing and warming in the heat lamp barrel. She had 2 does and a buck.

Dancer's are able to stand, but neither one of the girls has a sucking relex, so we are tube feeding them.
then my heat lamp bulb burned out while I was in the house and I went out and they were cold again. :he

Another exciting day on the farm.

Hope you all are doing well. Wish it had been a little warmer last night, that would have helped a lot.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Dancer's triplets are all still alive. It has been a long 36 hours, getting them to nurse every 2 hous and it is seriuosly cold out. well, cold for us and our set up. 17 last night and windey. Of course they have a warming barrel with a 250 watt bulb in it.
two of my bottle babies went to their new home. Yay.

Down to one bottle baby. I will be putting him up for sale this week. We tried to get at leaast one of Dancer's on a bottle, and they wont suck at all, so frustrating. so stubborn. But they will bump on her udder and nurse. She had 11 lbs twinse last winter, these trips are maybe 5 ro 6 lbs each. I sure hope htey grow into their potential. At this time I am going to keep both the doeligns. Yay.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Out checking on them and they were all up eating, :D

We had a lose last night, :( We were out in the barn at 5 pm and everything was okay, but when we went back out at 8:30 we found our 3rd bottle baby, in a barrel ice cold and hardly able to stand. He was running around like normal at 5 and I had let him out of the pen to get some exercise and migle with the other kids. He had been penned up with one of the othe bottle babies, but since he went home I thought I would let him out to make new friends. We called him Leg fungus because even if this kid had a bottle he would attach his head to your leg and push as hard as he could. It was kind of annoying working in the barn with him, One of the reasons they were still in their own pen, We was almost a month old. Any way, we brought him in the house, could not figure out what was wrong with him, gave him antibiotics, B-complex, C D antitoxin, but he just got weaker by the minute, and seemed to be in pain when you touched him, No scours, no snotty nose. Was having a very hard time breathing, ANyway, we lost him with in an hour. I personally think a does hit him and he was injured, He was ice cold, it is the only thing that makes sense in that amount of time. That really really stinks.

Daisy is holding out for the SuperBowl party that I am hoping to go to.

What a frustrating last couple of days. We have many really nice looking kids out their and we will just need to concentrate on that. Normally ones a kidding season we have a tragedy with one of our kids, but this is 2 so far for this year, remember I lost Indies buckling at 3 days of age. We lost a buckling on Snowball, as well, but I don't normallyl start counting until they are on the ground running around nursing. Sure hope that is it for the season. \
okay I am babbling, tired but not tired. Worried about missing Daisy going into labor.