2024, Waiting on Lambs! šŸ¤ž *Happy Thoughts* They're Here!šŸ˜

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sheep arenā€™t ugly! I love all their different colors and that I donā€™t have to shear them. I donā€™t mind waking up early, I usually do anyway. Having to be up and at work all my life , waking up early habit has hung in there .

Auctions are fun, taking a friend with me in the morning. Sheā€™s excited, has never been to a livestock auction.

I have enjoyed your sheep threads. Are you going to keep any as pets?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­
A big one. All of the ones I put back out were great color. So, wtf!
Wasps were protecting it, so couldn't get close to try and find the ear tag to ID her.
Gawd, I hate farming!
20240803_184850.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry that you lost her. Is the coyote population increasing in your area? We are not hearing as many coyotes, but our black bear population has increased quite a bit here. Not usually too bad for the cows and calves, unless calving out in the big pastures....they will kill small newborn calves if they come upon them. One big reason we calve here at the barns where there is alot more human activity to discourage them from hanging around.
They are supposed to make a big dent in the deer population, killing newborn fawns... maybe that is why we are seeing so many bear, because the deer population has gotten to record numbers here...