24 hour resting period...

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
sawfish99 said:
We had problems with the leg bones puncturing the food saver bags. Now we use shrink bags that you put chickens into. When I process, I do not cut through the sternum. Then we take the back legs and bend the rabbit forward so the back legs are tucked into the chest cavity. It makes the whole thing almost like a ball. Put the rabbit down in the shrink bag and dunk into almost boiling water. It presents a very tightly package rabbit with little chance of freezer burn.
Where you get the shrink bags from? We had a few that the leg bones punctured the food saver bags.

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hens and Roos said:
sawfish99 said:
We had problems with the leg bones puncturing the food saver bags. Now we use shrink bags that you put chickens into. When I process, I do not cut through the sternum. Then we take the back legs and bend the rabbit forward so the back legs are tucked into the chest cavity. It makes the whole thing almost like a ball. Put the rabbit down in the shrink bag and dunk into almost boiling water. It presents a very tightly package rabbit with little chance of freezer burn.
Where you get the shrink bags from? We had a few that the leg bones punctured the food saver bags.
http://poultryshrinkbags.blogspot.com/

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
sawfish99 said:
Hens and Roos said:
sawfish99 said:
http://poultryshrinkbags.blogspot.com/
thanks, will take a look at the site :)

Beachbunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for the link have been looking for something to replace the food saver system.