33 days, no kits

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know I have seen on here when to rebreed, but don't have enough time to do research. How many days should I wait to rebreed?

Thanks!

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I would wait at *least* until day 36...have you tried to palpate her belly to feel for the kits? At this point, if she IS pregnant, you should be able to feel them.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I thought I felt some a week ago, I will check again tonight when I go home. I was planning on waiting until the 20th anyway, so I guess I wasn't too far off. Thanks for your input!

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Our Silver Fox waited until day 41 to give birth! Your rabbits might just need a little more time, too.

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Give her some straw or the nest box and see if she starts nesting. Our girls have all been diligent little Martha Stewarts when they get that nest box three days before D-Day. They will also carry a mouthful of straw to the nest if you toss some in the hutch. Our girls usually don't start pulling hair until no more than four hours before kindling--procrastinators!

CYG

AZ Rabbits

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have some that prepare their nests a couple days before and I have some that wait until about 5 minutes before they kindle.

If you haven't had a litter by day 34, you're not going to. Having a litter beyond that is dang near impossible. If it does happen, then there must have been a secret hook up at a later date than you marked on your calendar.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No babies, couldn't feel any either, she has a nest box but did not make a nest. I put her back with my buck, keeping my fingers crossed AGAIN. This is the second time she has not had a litter. If this one fails she will become supper.

AZ Rabbits

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Maybe try some Barry White in the background and a nice plate of Timothy Hay for them to eat and get to know one another first... ;)

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
lovinglife said:
No babies, couldn't feel any either, she has a nest box but did not make a nest. I put her back with my buck, keeping my fingers crossed AGAIN. This is the second time she has not had a litter. If this one fails she will become supper.
Has your buck had a litter with anyone else? Not sure where you are located, but here in Texas, we had such a hot summer that we are still working thru the heat sterility issues...it may not be the doe's fault.