5 new NZ/CA cross

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That they are! We lost one the other night. He had gotten out of nest box and it was way to cold for that. But the other 4 are doing well. I will take a look at them today and try to get some pictures. Butter balls they are!
Considering this is her first litter and she had 5 kits and 18 hours or so later, had 5 more huge kits on the wire. All 5 doa. But, she fed her new kits even though she had to have been feeling like crap. God knows she looked like she felt like crap. I am proud of her and know she will do even better next time around.
Its great having good mothers!

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
1521_donkeybun.jpg

Holy Giant bunny! This must be what you get when you cross a NZ with a donkey! I looked at them today and cant believe how different they look from this picture taken a few days ago. Will try to get more tomorrow.
Sorry, the animals are getting minimum attention right now. Both of us have this wonderful flu and I am happy I am able to document any of this.

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am so jealous! They are beautiful and so big!!! :)
Hope you feel better soon! :(

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The kits are doing great and are coming out of the nest box. Will be removing that soon. They look great! I am very happy with her first litter concidering what a hard labor she had. I will be taking pictures tomorrow as the flu has broke and I can be outside a bit more. The kits are coming out of the nest box a bit and I will be out there busy any way.

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
1521_bearkits3wks.jpg

It's cold here today and they do not want to come out at all. Here is a picture at almost 3 weeks, taken today. Maybe they will be out when I lock up the barn tonight.
Hope you like