A Beginners Guide to Breeding and Birthing Goats

A Beginners Guide to Breeding and Birthing Goats

EweAreKiddingMe!

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
EweAreKiddingMe! submitted a new resource:

A Beginners Guide to Breeding and Birthing Goats - A comprehensive guide to Goats!

This is my guide to breeding and birthing goats

First lets review the technical goat terms:
Buck or Billy=Male goat capable of breeding.
Doe or Nanny=Female goat.
Doeling= A female goat who has not been bred or not sexually mature.
Kid=A Baby Goat.
Buckling=A Male baby goat fully intact.
Wether=A neutered male goat.
Side note Polled means that it was born without horns if they are born with horns I might say horned or nothing at all

Next here's some breeds and what...

Read more about this resource...

HerdQueen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Nice article! I love how short and to the point it is! What a nice change from other articles where you are scrolling through gobs and gobs of words just to find the good info. I appreciated the touch of humor too😅!

EweAreKiddingMe!

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Nice article! I love how short and to the point it is! What a nice change from other articles where you are scrolling through gobs and gobs of words just to find the good info. I appreciated the touch of humor too😅!
Yeah,the pygmy goat thing is true tho cuz they would get out of their pen and get their heads stuck in the garden fence and scream their heads off then when we went to get them out they would get out on their own!!!:barnie

HerdQueen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yeah,the pygmy goat thing is true tho cuz they would get out of their pen and get their heads stuck in the garden fence and scream their heads off then when we went to get them out they would get out on their own!!!:barnie
Oh my:lol:
How are willow and fern doing?
They're great! Fern is such a pretty name but her name is actually Spruce😢. She threw a hoof into my milk yesterday which was kid of her😇😒

SPQsNicki

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This was a great read! Loved the touches of humor with truth. Thankfully the Doe we acquired knew what to do because we had her less than a month when she decided to give us a little doeling surprise! Put us in a rush to get separate quarters put together!

EweAreKiddingMe!

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This was a great read! Loved the touches of humor with truth. Thankfully the Doe we acquired knew what to do because we had her less than a month when she decided to give us a little doeling surprise! Put us in a rush to get separate quarters put together!
Yeah,im glad she survived! I believe one of our goats is starting to go into labor today so hopefully we get some babies that are alive this time

Latest posts