Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the poultry front... it is leaking into my shed with all of the constant rain and wind.

Not sure how to fix that. Have to think it over. The tricky thing is to get to that roof part... you really need to levitate... or have a scaffold. Or arms 10 feet long...

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got another son home for a few days? There's the fix🤣
Not sure how you picture my sons... but none of them have 10 foot long arms.

:lol:

Also... none of them have taken circus gymnastics or tight rope walking...

And... I had to almost tie myself down.... it is BLOWING HARD OUT THERE! I heard something big bang about... but no, after a big mental smack down.... (after I tried but failed to better close the storm door) I did get myself back in bed.

Sigh.

Sons and spouse left for scout stuff in Anchorage... bride is next door for the night... no way am I going to ask her, in the blowing gusting storm, to come over and check everything out for me.

I don't hear poultry yelling... so.. I am sure it will, whatever it is, wait just fine until morning.

Sheesh.

Internet says it is only gusting up to 55mph or so... sounds worse to me.

I just keep remembering this wind storm we had... not so long after we bought this house ... wind was so strong it started to rip the roof off...

Had to go outside in the middle of it, with huge washers, to screw the house roof back down ....

The roof on the shed also tried to rip off... but we waited until it calmed down a little to screw that one back down.

But that was over 20 years back... more spry back then.