Any ideas on breed of this doe?

Cindiloohoo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I got this doe in a trade. She seems healthy and very tame. She's about 4 pounds, not sure on age. Anybody have any clue. I figure she's a mix...but of what? I first thought Lop markings, possibly Himalayan but not the right ears for Lop and too many spots for Himalayan...Rhinelander maybe? I dunno toss some ideas out for me :D

1539_002.jpg

1539_003.jpg

Cindiloohoo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Nevermind! I found out on BackYardChickens :lol: They said she's an English Spot.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we have several does like her, mostly look like broken new zelands, although they call em checkerd rabbits around here

CrimsonRose

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If she was heavier I would say she is a checkered giant... they typically have that black stripe down the back with black ears and eyes with side spots...
You said you weren't sure of the age so if she continues to grow then she is a young checkered giant...

RabbitMage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not an English Spot, not a Checkered Giant.

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
RabbitMage said:
Not an English Spot, not a Checkered Giant.
Ditto. Those markings are very common in many "broken" patterned rabbits (spotted rabbits). When trying to determine the breed of a rabbit, look first at type (body shape), ears, head, kind of fur, weight, and lastly...pattern and color.

She's pretty. :)

Ranch Girl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cindiloohoo said:
Nevermind! I found out on BackYardChickens :lol: They said she's an English Spot.
That's what I was fixing to say "English Spot!" :)
Beautiful bunny rabbit! :thumbsup :love