Anyone know anything about registering Nigerian Dwarf goats?

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have always wanted a goat. I've enrolled in Goat project in 4-H TWICE but had to drop out because...I couldn't get a goat :barnie :(. This year I signed up for steer (again) and knew with workin steer I wouldn't have time for a goat, so I didn't sign up for goat again. BUt my 10 year old sister did. And, lo and behold They got her TWO bottle baby nubian wethers.I was really tight on money this spring, and my folks believe if I want something I should pay (I'm 18--last year I bought my own steer, paid for it all myself), so I didn't get a steer :(
Anyways...My sister is tired of taking care of her goats, so I've been doing it. I HATE nubians, but they are hysterically funny. I've always wanted a Nigie. So I put an ad on craigslist and someone responded. Technically, if I get my goat right now, I'll only be like two weeks past the ownership deadline :duc for our county fair int he fall, and I'm pretty sure I squeek by and show in open dairy goat--I dont wanna win, just want a learning experience. I've been going to goat meetings and practicing showmanship with my sis goats. :bow
Anyways, HERE'S THE THING...THE DOELING I WANT TO BUY IS REGISTERD NDGA and AGS (?), BUT THE SHOW AT OUR FAIR ONLY ALLOWS DOES REGISTERED WITH ADGA. The breeder said if I send in the paperwork for the other two registries, I can apply for a pending ADGA registration for the doeling. :idunno:hu IS THIS TRUE---I JUST WANNA HEAR FROM SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE INS AND OUTS OF REGISTERING STOCK! Thanks! :thumbsup

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Yes it's called reregistration - you send a copy of the AGS papers, after they've been transfered to you, to the ADGA with a registration form. This works both ways, AGS and ADGA are basically interchangeable.

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
helmstead said:
Yes it's called reregistration - you send a copy of the AGS papers, after they've been transfered to you, to the ADGA with a registration form. This works both ways, AGS and ADGA are basically interchangeable.
Thanks...That clarifies alot for me...The doeling is jsut a little thing...still on a bottle and almost two months old, so the breeder hasn't sent in her paperwork. In that case, do I get the paperwork, and send it in myself, with her sig. and dam's id# and sire id# and DOB and all that? Or does the breeder directly have to do that?

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
She should give you completed registration forms with SIGNED TRANSFERS, which you then mail in with the reg. fee and transfer fee. Once you get the AGS cert back, then complete the ADGA and do as above to get her triple reg'd.

Latest posts