Apple Cider Vinegar - How much for Rabbits

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No problem! Glad to help. :D

It needs to be.... I forget the word. Unpasteurized... ?? I think. That's the sincerely good stuff!!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CCourson05 said:
No problem! Glad to help. :D

It needs to be.... I forget the word. Unpasteurized... ?? I think. That's the sincerely good stuff!!
Appreciate the help. Will look into the unpasteurized or organic. Right now we are using Heinz ACV, which i know isn't full strength, but they are liking the taste and DH states after changing litter boxes the urine odor is not as strong. Can't wait to try the organic stuff if Heinz is working with less strength (5%)

K

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Thanks for the tip regarding buying ACV at organic store. Which leads me to a question of what I have.

Would you consider something made from the juice of apples, diluted with water to 5% strength considered "Apple Flavored"?

Also did the small splash too in each water dish.

K
I would think that would be considered ACV - not apple flavored. I may be wrong, but I believe most vinegars (white & apple) are diluted to 5%.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
lastfling said:
Ms. Research said:
Thanks for the tip regarding buying ACV at organic store. Which leads me to a question of what I have.

Would you consider something made from the juice of apples, diluted with water to 5% strength considered "Apple Flavored"?

Also did the small splash too in each water dish.

K
I would think that would be considered ACV - not apple flavored. I may be wrong, but I believe most vinegars (white & apple) are diluted to 5%.
So far so good. Just the urine odor lessening from Dobby shows something is being accomplished. The output of urine has not changed, nor the color. But the odor of ammonia has lessened. DH just put two drops each in their water bowl today. Now you have to understand our rabbits and dog, along with us, drink pure water. We have an whole house RO system. Have to when living in township which houses the 4th Deadliest Superfund site in the Nation and is SITTING in our aquifer which is New Jersey's water supply along with the Delaware River.

With this RO system and the ACV we are putting in now, I think it will do the trick.

Thanks to all for responding. Really appreciate all the input. And we will eventually obtain the organic.

K

Petit Jean Bunnies

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I use Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar for mine and have found it very helpful. I have 64 oz water bottles and I put a tablespoon in each, once a week.

I hope this helps! I love the improvements I have seen in my herd of Hollands since I started using it weekly!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Petit Jean Bunnies said:
I use Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar for mine and have found it very helpful. I have 64 oz water bottles and I put a tablespoon in each, once a week.

I hope this helps! I love the improvements I have seen in my herd of Hollands since I started using it weekly!
Thanks for the info. And also Welcome to the Forum.

K