Apple Cider Vinegar

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Anyone feeding ACV to their milk goats? I hear it is good for them, they love it and seems to improve condition...

rinksgi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have not yet, but probably will, if i can remember it. I think ACV is good for everything.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The lady I am getting my Guernseys from uses it, said their condition improved and lowers the somatic cell count (mastitis), so I figure I will too...

lapiloto

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I put it in their water a few times a week. Heard it is good for several things, maybe even urinary issues in wethers.

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't have water running out to the barn, so I fill up gallon sized jugs of water and stack 'em up.
I put about a 1/4 tsp of ACV in each jug.
I use this water for all of my chickens and sheep.
Can't say that I noticed any 'difference' but it doesn't hurt to add it.
:)

mjgh06

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We have automatic waters - I think they hold 5 gallons water. We add two cups each week to the waterer. I think it helps with a lot of things and I have never had any UC problems with my bucks.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thanks for the replys, do you use the one with the "Mother" or just plain ACV?

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think any ACV will do, but I use ACV with the mother since I figure the live cultures will have more bang for your buck. No pun intended.

I go through alot of ACV so I make my own. It's super easy. I also have automatic waterers that hold 5 gallons. I keep a jug of ACV nearby and once a week I just dump some in. don't measure it out - I just dump it in. Probalby somewhere around 1/2.

It has wonderful benefits - I'm sure a google search would provide you with more details but I do know that it is very good for you/your animals immune system and digestion. All fermented food products are wonderful for you. The improved digestion allows the animal to take in more nutrients from the food which improves their condition as well as reduces the amount of feed (and even less if you use fermented feed). It also raises the acidity in their intestines which makes it inhospitable for parasites and nasties.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds great, going to add that to my list of must do's. Years ago I never did all this special stuff for my goats, so I am expecting awesome healthy goats! Kelp, now I never heard of that before, but yep its going in the feeder also....I think they might eat better than I do... :)

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Been thinking about using it but my dogs drink the same water as the goats. Will it hurt them?

Latest posts