Babies Galore!

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I bred all five of my does in a 4 day span last month...between Saturday and Wednesday, all of them delivered. My whole rabbitry feels like a maternity ward. Really pleased with how they all did, considering it was pretty chilly (overnight lows in low 30's/upper 20's). Had to pluck a little fur to help one NZ improve her nest, but nothing else. Everyone used the nest box. :)

Here's the tally:

Cali doe: litter of 7
NZ doe: litter of 13 (bred to Cali)
NZ doe: litter of 12 (bred to SF)
SF doe: litter of 5 (first time mom; she was 18 mo old doe I posted about under breeding section)
Dutch doe: litter of 7

44 live and thriving kits and not a runt in the lot! Three stillborns in addition, unfortunately, across the Cali & one NZ doe. Hoping to be able to sell about half this number and send the others to freezer camp.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats all around especially to your SF! Way to go girls!

May your nesting boxes always be so full!!!

Prairiechick

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am glad I won't have your feed bill in a month or so! :lol: My Cals would eat me out of house and home if I had all of them with litters at once.
Congratulations though, you must be pleased with your outcomes.

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Prairiechick said:
I am glad I won't have your feed bill in a month or so! :lol: My Cals would eat me out of house and home if I had all of them with litters at once.

X2... LoL!!! But Congrats though!!! :clap

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yay!!!!:clap
Congrats on all the babies!:)
I have to wait till April before mine will even consider breeding (to cold and not the right lighting)!
As they grow, we need pictures!!!!!!:caf

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
WhiteMountainsRanch said:
Prairiechick said:

X2... LoL!!! But Congrats though!!! :clap
Thanks. Yeah, there's going to be about six weeks where my feed bill will more than double, but it is worth it. Already had some folks inquire about these litters, so I hope that is a good sign. Plus I have neighbor's garden plus my own to spread the waste. I'm sure there will be a few times in the next weeks when I'll be muttering "never going to do that again" or some variation!

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh wow! Sounds wonderful. I'm a bit jealous though as have not had one single successful litter. Hope your good fortune will spread. :D