Banded today -need reassurance

Standoutcheetah

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! I banded my buddy today. He didn’t cry or scream during, peed after, and played after; however it’s been a little over an hour and he is letting out these little cries which he’s never done. He also looks like he’s falling asleep then snaps out of it. Is that normal?

He’s also not the cuddliest and has been coming up to me laying at my feet more than ever.

I used the green Cheerio, gave him some pain reliever in koolaid, disinfected the area, and put blu kote on after. He also has had his cdt shot and booster already.

I’m looking for reassurance, not opinions on banding, that I applied correctly. Thank you!

Video of crying —>

Video of him getting comfortable —> Ihttps://youtu.be/j0dyr5m2FVY?si:Dp5l5Q_moeBzR4vl

Attachments

• IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 27

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, a while after banding, there is some swelling and tingling, then numbing. So he's got some agitation and is complaining. He might be a little distraught for a day or two but, then fine. Location means when he walks there's a little soreness with each step. Yep, he's complaining to you. Such is life. 🤷. He'll be fine. Just watch for flies.