Banding testicles

high5acres

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
How long does it take for banded testicles to fall and should I be concerned if it takes too long? All three of our kid bucks were banded in August. Two dropped in a month but the third's is still holding tight. Is there cause for concern?

Renegade

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
As long as he's eating, drinking, and acting normal he should be fine. If he were here and the testicles are dried out I would cut them off below the band.

Donna

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have banded three, the first one seemed to take forever, it was well over a month or more, the next two were at the same time, it was two brothers, one came off right at a month and the other took another week or so. I think it's just different for different goats.

high5acres

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you Renegade and Tmaxson for your responses! I feel better waiting patiently now.

Roxy's momma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am so glad you mentioned this. I have 2 boys that I banded the first part of September and they have not fallen off yet. I have checked them and they are all dried up and about ready to fall off but not quite yet. They were both about 3 months old when I banded them. So glad to know that sometimes it takes longer. I have banded before and they have all fallen off within just a few weeks.