Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hitOuch. I'm so sorry, Baymule.
Thank you Rachel, I appreciate that. I’ve lost 1/3 of my lambs. We have our ups and downs, don’t we? But we get back up, dust off the seat of our pants, and go again. This has been heartbreaking but I have ewes with rams now, will have lambs again and it will get better.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last Thursday, August 1, I took scrubby survivors to auction. I took 3 cull ewes as well. Prices were the worst I’ve ever seen. Several people “no sale” their goats and sheep and took them back home. But for the most part, the rest of the sheep and goats were scrubby looking like mine. But they are gone, off the feed bill and I’m moving on.

I kept 7 of the ewe lambs. 2 are from registered parents and will be registered. None of them look outstanding. I hope they grow out good enough in size to breed and give birth with no problems. Right now they are kinda small for their age but I’m hoping they catch up to where they should be. As long as they can have lambs with no problems, genetics will win over the catastrophe that was this spring. Maybe this will give them better resistance to parasites, just by living through it.