Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The little girls and I put up a roll end of wire to give the 7 young spring ewes a very small pasture yesterday. It went faster and easier because I had 2 little kids as helpers. LOL the lambs sure appreciated the extra room. I think I’ll put up another one to give them 2 pastures.

We also ran Granny in the chute and I took off the vet wrap. Her injured hoof looked much better. I washed it in the coffee can of water. Squirted hydrogen peroxide on it and lots of purple spray. Then I wrestled with her for the foot and rewrapped it in vet wrap. She puts weight on it with the vet wrap giving support. We will do it again on Thursday because we are leaving Friday morning and I won’t be back until Sunday evening.

IMG_7130.jpeg

Then I got 4 loads of dirt delivered, 3 on future barn site, 1 in yard for me to put in strategic places to hopefully give dry places in the pens for the sheep this winter. Girls have a dirt pile to play in! Youngest birthday was Sunday and she gave her mom a list of things she wanted for her birthday. On that list was a pile of dirt. So I’m a big hero because I have a dirt pile.

IMG_7145.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hosed them down outside. Their clothes got an outside washing, now in washing machine.

My first morning greeting was a sheep mauled hoop shelter. It was bent, hoof holes punched in that new tarp and I was mad. STUPID SHEEP!!

IMG_7151.jpeg

IMG_7150.jpeg

I couldn’t push it back, it was too heavy. Couldn’t be on the inside pushing it back and on the outside zip tying it anyway. So I got my rope. Pre punched holes at each end, how convenient! In one end, along the inside, out the other end, tied together and ran to the tractor bucket. I eased back, stood up the hoop shelter, set brake and turned off the tractor.

IMG_7154.jpeg

I zip tied it to Kingdom Come and back again. Then I hunted up gates to keep those hussies OFF!!!

IMG_7155.jpeg

IMG_7156.jpeg

Carson sat in the mule where he could watch me. My Velcro dog.

IMG_7153.jpeg

I covered the holes with gorilla duct tape, ran out and had to finish patching with regular duct tape.

That knocked a couple of hours out of my morning. Then while girls played in dirt, I pushed and dragged dirt and got a pretty good pad for future barn.

IMG_7164.jpeg

IMG_7165.jpeg

It’s only 2:20. I’m tired. Got chicken in oven, gonna have baked beans and corn on the cob.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score