Baymule’s Journal

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Love the kids and the mud. My mom always said that dirt and mud and animal smells and stuff were washable.
I think it also helps with the immune system. Kids do not get into the mud and dirt like they used to. Now most kids seem to be allergic to the air itself... :hide

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think it also help with the immune system. Kids do not get into the mud and dirt like they used to. Now most kids seem to be allergic to the air itself... :hide
Agree 1000%. A little exposure to germs, goes a long way to building immunity to many things. Somewhere I read a study that kids raised in houses with dogs, from an early age, had way lower cases of asthma.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
When DS2 and 3 were nursery school age I used to take them with me to drop off the dairy does for breeding. She lived in Ramona which was an all day round trip. While the buck owner (and breeder of our * Nubian milkers) and I chatted, my 4 and 5 year olds had fun climbing up and sliding down her goat manure pile! Hand washing, cookies, cold goat milk, and we drove home. Always a big treat to go to the goat breeder! LOL

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
When DS2 and 3 were nursery school age I used to take them with me to drop off the dairy does for breeding. She lived in Ramona which was an all day round trip. While the buck owner (and breeder of our * Nubian milkers) and I chatted, my 4 and 5 year olds had fun climbing up and sliding down her goat manure pile! Hand washing, cookies, cold goat milk, and we drove home. Always a big treat to go to the goat breeder! LOL
Okey dokey - when ya' did that - depending on your route you very well could have driven passed where I lived then. :)
LOL while at the same time my DS would have been climbing in and out of ditches where I taught herding lesson.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hurricane Francine is approaching Louisiana as a Category 2. My son came in last night. He was working south of New Orleans and below sea level. The plant they are building is in Belle Chasse and his camper was an hour south of that. He’s worked there before and in hurricane season, is always ready to pack up and make a run for it.

IMG_7192.png

Louisiana is going to get hammered. The white circle on left is the eye of the storm. The east side is the Dirty side and there is a whole lot of the dirty side before the eye makes landfall.

IMG_7194.png