Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's a pile of work! Good job 👍 👍 .

Thanks! I felt accomplished! Yesterday I went to the 50’s Ladies lunch. We go to a Mexican restaurant in Lufkin and our favorite waiter waits on all of us. There’s 20-30 women and we get the gratituty charge on the check, but we tip more. He does a great job. And we all talk and visit.

Today, I process hogs.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bennett and Peggy have that land up for sale, plus the 14 acres they live on.
Would be great if your son could sell his place and end up being your neighbor!

You did lots! I'm sure the sheep will appreciate having dry toes this winter, lol.

I've been doing some of the same. Taking fences down is harder than putting them up, lol!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would be great if your son could sell his place and end up being your neighbor!

You did lots! I'm sure the sheep will appreciate having dry toes this winter, lol.

I've been doing some of the same. Taking fences down is harder than putting them up, lol!

Son has 35 acres in Houston County. It’s 5 th or 6th generation land. Nope, he ain’t buying here. He wanted me to build a house on his land. I would have done it, if he lived there. But he’s always gone and there is nobody for several miles.

The land on the north side of me has an easement through it for the 150 acres behind me and halfway up the south side of my place. Then there are 2 more landlocked places behind that. I don’t want it. Nobody lives on any of the 3 places, but you never know.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having a glass of ice tea. I’m tired and back is sore. Been “hoggin” all day. Still not done. I packaged back straps, tenderloins, then cut all the meat off the bones. I got 6 pounds of Boar Burger and 9 pounds of pan sausage. Still have to bag and vacuum seal the pan sausage. It’s on the refrigerator now. I cleaned up my mess sat down. I’ll be going out to feed dogs and sheep soon. I got to haul off bones and trimmings.

I packaged 2 pounds of flanks for dog meat.i have about a pound of scrap meat cooked for the dogs to go over their kibble in a short while. Carson is looking in the window, telling me it’s time to eat. Sigh……. Did I mention I’m tired?