Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Proud of you.... and I have that same fear of "falling off the ramps".... and those ratchet straps get to me some times too... and I have been doing them for years... but sometimes I just look at them and say "HUH"....

If your son is still thinking about it...he might want to get it sold...does he stay there when he is off a job? I'd build or do whatever on his other property because if inflation hits like I think it is going to... and I'm not feeling good about the future economy.... that things are going to get bad....and interest rates will go through the roof and people will not be able to afford to do things..... supposedly the job numbers are "up" ... so talk they won't drop the rate at the next meeting like they were talking this last rate drop... they CANNOT AFFORD to drop the fed rate since they don't even have enough money in the FEMA pot.... and the budget has been put off for another 3 months...

Yep, looked much better mowed... now you need to go back with a lawn sweeper and collect all that grass for mulch around your tree and for garden soil building.... :hide :hide :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don’t have a lawn sweeper. Son has a big zero turn mower but no grass catcher. The grass was so thick, there’s big wads of it. I may go back and mow again to chop up the wads, but not with his mower. There is a trick to loading and unloading it and I’d die if I damaged that expensive think of iron. It is parked here at my house. I built a lean to at the back of the portable building I brought from Lindale, just for his mower. He had it in one of his shipping containers and the summer heat melted a sensor on it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chaos has come in for a landing, turmoil reigned, has left and it’s peaceful once more. Carson is dead to the world, snoozing in the floor.
My friend Sarah and her 24 year old autistic daughter rolled in Thursday evening with their 2 dogs. The 17 year old wiener dog belongs to her daughter and is her dearest friend. Sarah’s other dog is a Blue Heeler and Australian Shepherd mix and is very well behaved. He was put on a leash to walk him from the car to the house. Anatolians hated both dogs on sight.

My fenced front yard was very handy for keeping both dogs from becoming chew toys for the Anatolians. Carson took it all in stride. The weiner dog peed the floor twice, I chalk it up to age and being in a strange place with a huge monster dog lurking in the house and Anatolians with murder and mayhem on their minds communicating instant death from just across the driveway. The rest of the weekend he was fine and I think he enjoyed the yard.

Sarah went to Lufkin Friday morning, buying more stuff for catering the wedding she was doing on Saturday. She cooked most of the day. The client had chosen a taco bar and it was a huge hit.

Her mom came in on Friday with her dog, a spayed female part Jack Russell Terrier, who was also well behaved. All the visiting dogs are allowed on furniture in their home, but not in mine. Mom did ask if her dog could get on the couch and I replied, “ put $2,000 in my hand and she can.” Mom sat on the floor with her dog. 😂😂😂😂😂 At least she asked. I would have not hesitated to immediately correct that situation.

We all had a good time, visited, talked, cooked, put dogs outside, let them back in, and enjoyed ourselves. Mom stayed Friday night and left Saturday when Sarah and I left for the wedding. Daughter stayed here and babysat dogs. LOL

Wedding was supposed to start at 5:00……
It didn’t. Bride (who had ALL day to get ready) was 35 minutes late coming downstairs. Bride’s mother instructed Sarah to put the food out the minute the wedding ceremony was over. We did. And waited to serve. And waited. And waited some more. Bride’s mother didn’t take into account the photographers (there were 2) leading the new couple all over the place posing for pictures. We put food back in warming oven. Finally they were done, we got food back out and the people lined up. Sarah presented quite a spread, it was good food, it looked good and everyone was enthusiastic about it.

The baker for the cakes and cupcakes brought them in before the wedding got under way. She and Sarah have been friends for many years, but Sarah backed off a couple of years ago. That’s a whole ‘nother story. Those cakes were the ugliest, worst looking, piss-poor excuses for wedding cakes I’ve ever seen. We didn’t dare look each other in the eye or we would have died laughing on the spot. We don’t know what the bride’s mother paid for them, but whatever it was, it was too much.

There are wedding sites on Facebook where brides post what they want and vendors respond. Who knew? This is Sarah’s hobby and side gig. She works full time as general manager of a restaurant in San Antonio. She loves catering and cooking and enjoys it.

The Facebook groups seem to mainly be individuals pretty much planning their own weddings and not dropping $20,000 on a wedding. Can’t blame them. I’ve helped Sarah before and she does good work. She was highly recommended for this one.

All in all, it was a fun visit and now I’m gonna go get ready for church.