Best goats for milk?

Acrilex

Just born
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and I was wondering which breed of Goats will give the most milk? I plan on starting a goat milk, cheese, and butter business, and would like to know what breed would be best?

I live in Brazil, and my region is mostly European-like weather. Should I be looking for breeds from Europe?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I think first you have to find out what breeds are in your area. In America, Saanans are known for having the most milk but I don't know if they are in your area.

:welcome

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome!

I can't say which breeds have the most milk for your area, either, but I definitely can't wait to see some pictures of your animals when you get them!

Acrilex

Just born
Reaction score
Yes, Saanans are around my area :D they are the breed my father and I were thinking about getting :)

Acrilex

Just born
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Welcome!

I can't say which breeds have the most milk for your area, either, but I definitely can't wait to see some pictures of your animals when you get them!
I will definetely post the pictures of my animals when I move into the new land :D

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a friend from Brazil and let me just say, Brazilian cheese bread is the greatest thing ever! :drool

HeatherM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Saanens are generally the highest producing dairy goats that I know of. But there may be a breed with higher butterfat?

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LaManchas and Nubians have higher butterfat (Nubians moreso). Nubians are kind of loud and LaManchas are a lot quieter

Acrilex

Just born
Reaction score
Does anyone know the amount of milk produced by the Nubians daily?

miron28

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i just started milking my Nubian this is what i get a day i am milking 2x a day
127_goats_035.jpg