~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We need a goat "hoo hoo" expert to take a look at that rear end view and tell us if it looks like she is ready to kid. Calling all goat privacy experts to take a look please. :fl

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I don't see an udder on Betty? And her "hoo hoo" doesn't look ready to be kidding any time soon... :/

When did you say that she was bred?

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:
I don't see an udder on Betty? And her "hoo hoo" doesn't look ready to be kidding any time soon... :/

She was supposedly acc. bred on aug 29. She doesn't have an udder but, I've got coulostrum and another doe in milk!

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If she was bred on August 29th, wouldn't she be past due by a fair amount at this point? She doesn't look very pregnant to me but I am not all that experienced yet.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I hate to say it but: I don't think she is bred. She is already past her due date and she hasn't even built an udder yet. Sorry. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
elevan said:

She was supposedly acc. bred on aug 29. She doesn't have an udder but, I've got coulostrum and another doe in milk!
She would have been due (150 days) on Jan 26 then. Sometimes they go for 155 days and that would have been the 31st.

I'm sorry hun but I don't think she's pregnant.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl, have you checked out the Pelican Acres web cam?? It is a wonderful learning tool for me. I am learning all the signs of labor and what it looks like when they are in active labor and even the pushing stage. I have been watching all the babies be born and I have learned so much. I really think it will help me when my own does are ready to have babies. I am learning the signs of labor. Go check it out, there is a doe in the kidding pen right now.

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=pelicanacres

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry SmallFG, I am with them. With Enya bred Sept. 20th she is due about Feb. 12th. She would be way overdue if pregnant. Now if she was exposed again at a later date it's still possible.

Latest posts