Boone-My Anatolian Unicorn

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was living at my son’s house, I got a shower one evening and put on shorts. It dawned on me that I didn’t put Sentry and Sheba up for the night. The fences weren’t great and it was right on a busy highway, so I was always worried they would get out and get run over. I went outside in shirt, shorts and flip flops. Sentry and Sheba barked their danger alarm. The closer I got, the worse they got, hair up on their back, bristled up like a porcupine. Snarling, growling and barking, I got a real good look at how ferocious they could be. They didn’t recognize me and were in full attack mode.

Finally I called out, “Mommy’s got legs!” They wracheted down attack mode a very little bit. I kept talking to them, they were confused. A monster with mommy’s voice! They were still bristled up, still growling, when I got to the gate, still talking to them. FINALLY they decided it was really me and wagged their tails. I went in and they cautiously sniffed my legs like my legs were going to attack.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hilarious!! My Maremmas alerted to me in the dark a time or two when I was checking during lambing. They couldn’t see my because of my flashlight I think, but I always wondered “do they think some diabolical criminal is able to mimic my voice? Can’t you SMELL me?” 😂 I’d have to shine the light under my chin and then they’d grovel like “oops! Our bad!”