bought a pregnant goat at an auction, when is she due?

~GotGoats?~

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
HI, Im new here from BYC(they've been having some down time) and I bought this goat, months ago, and she is pregnant, but since I do not know since when, I came to ask. She is pretty big now, not really getting any bigger, and she has been this big since November :hu. Whats happening? I've had pregnant goats before, and I knowe pretty much how it goes, but she has just not been getting any wider and, since I have no idea how long she has been pregnant, I dont know when she is due. Im starting to doubt if she is even pregnant in the first place :idunno. Then I look at her and compare her to the other goats, and she is waaay bigger , so that just keeps me thinking that there is a kid on the way :pop, but I am seriously not sure about this one.........I apreciate any answers, thank you very much :D

craftymama86

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I pretty much asked the same question about my doe. You may want to post pics. I would especially like to see pics for comparison. :D Plus someone else would say they need to see to give an opinion. ;)

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
there are a couple of things you can do, We love pics and there are some that are really good at telling if they are PG or not. The pics we like to see is top, sides and butt you can also get a blood sample and ship it off to this place and they will tell you if she is PG for certain.

http://www.biotracking.com/goats

I hope this helps

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
kico's Goats said:
OK Il post some pics, just as soon as I find out how..........
ok, in the blue under the backyard herds it says uploads press that pick a picture then upload. after in uploads I copy the bottom code then paste where I need it.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
when exactly did you buy her? does she have an udder building or just a big round belly?

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
While you're sending in your BioPryn test to BioTracking I would HIGHLY recommend a CAE test as well. Coming from auction there is no telling what her status is and if she tests positive you will need to be there to pull kids before they have a chance to nurse. The virus will be transmitted through colostrum.

If you're not going to pregnancy test I would send in a sample for CAE only. It's $4 and could save you an awful lot of heart break.

~GotGoats?~

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
when exactly did you buy her? does she have an udder building or just a big round belly?
She has no utter building yet, she just has a big round belly that is wide.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
~GotGoats?~ said:
20kidsonhill said:
She has no utter building yet, she just has a big round belly that is wide.
could be she just has a big stomach and not pregnant. Some of my older does look pregnant all the time, and get huge when they are pregnant.

~GotGoats?~

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh and another thing I forgot to add, she has been laying down allot lately, does it mean anything?