BYC Conversion Questions & Answers (During Conversion)

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:celebrate

Thank you Nifty!! You and your team are amazing!!

I do miss my roost a lot as I am sure do others. I am also sure almost all the BYH folks won't mind some quiet lol.
o_O

I am hanging in there but I just may have a stress molt! :ep

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am really hoping we wont need to refresh every time we need to read a post. I have been so aggravated here with that.
I've had to use three different search engines to find one that didn't happen with .Given the shear numbers of members here it's understandable though .

aart

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, some good news and "other" news:

We're going to try to open the forum ASAP but the "Galleries / Albums" wont' be available until the import is complete. You'll still be able to upload pictures to posts, PM's (conversations), etc., but just not to "Galleries" until the import is complete.

Thanks for your patience as we do the best job we can!
So will any new pics we post NOT go into our galleries/albums...be overwritten....etc?

Wonders if number of pics is the issue or the size of pics that folks upload without setting cams to reasonable resolution or reduce file sizes in photo program before posting. Old dial up user here and still reduce my pic file sizes before up loading or emailing. File size must have an impact on server space, speed of file transfer, etc.
Sometimes, maybe, I think too much.

sunflour

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We're going to try to open the forum ASAP but the "Galleries / Albums" wont' be available until the import is complete. You'll still be able to upload pictures to posts, PM's (conversations), etc., but just not to "Galleries" until the import is complete.

So will any new pics we post NOT go into our galleries/albums...be overwritten....etc?

Looks like the albums/galleries will be locked until all the old ones are moved.
Those we add in a post save to a different area "My Attachments" accessed under your profile?

Harveyhorses

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, some good news and "other" news:

We've made amazing progress. How's the homepage looking???

byc-new-jpg.33556

So, the "good news" is that we've got almost all the data imported! Still a bunch of tweaking to do, but I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

The "other news": You people have posted a LOT of pictures over the last 10 years. So many that it's going to take many many days to import them all!

Well, I know that wouldn't do, so I've been working with our team and have come up with a compromise:

Thanks for your patience as we do the best job we can!
Nifty, I can't imagine how hard you are working to make BYC a better home for us. Can I send cookies? It looks amazing!

chicki

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
WOW!!! Bad news the forums are still down. (maybe not such a bad thing since there's a major internet phishing attack going on right now)
Good news??? I've discovered this really cool place to chat and learn about goats!!! Broadening my horizons is never a bad thing, right???
Can't wait for my little "home" to have it's doors unlocked again but glad to have this new "vacation" home to visit as well.
Keep up the good work Nifty, we're all still here rooting you on!