Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Drove to 2 different agricultural/farm stores with that leaky wheel barrow wheel this AM trying to find anything that could serve as a replacement. I kept telling them that I didn't care if it matched, all I want is the same diameter tire & axle hole. Nope.
1 guy looked on the interwebs & wrote down a link where I could order 1 that "might work, I don't know" for $45 plus shipping. 🙄
I'm trying a can of Fix-a-Flat & 1 more coat of FlexSeal first.
Then I dug the last of the waste hay out of Eva's feeder & dropped a 2nd bale in. Once I have a way to move all that wet hay across the yard, I'll probably dump it in the chicken yard.
Then started on the 1st garden bed. It took a ridiculously long time to get the spacing right. But I know that it'll irritate the begeezus out of me if every time I look at it next summer it's crooked. 🤪
7' off the paddock fence, 11' off the chicken yard fence. 16'long & 48" wide. Stobs to hold the boards up. Cardboard to smother the grass.
There is an overgrown weed filled compost pile between the bed & the paddock fence. I'll be yanking the weeds out & putting that down as a layer in the bed. It's got to go anyway so may as well go in. I need to scrape the chicken roosts & clean out the poo from under them - that'll go in the garden too.
It's almost time to start mowing/mulching leaves. Most of that will go on existing beds but some will be layered with the manure in this garden (compost) bed.
I wanted to get more done but my sore joints are really working overtime today for some reason. So I tossed the rest of the cardboard on the layers already down & called it done for the day.
Big mug of dead nettle tea & some aspercream will be the highlight of my evening.
20241010_144036.jpg

The cardboard stash so far
20241010_155323.jpg

My sharpened myrtle stakes
20241010_144908.jpg

There's a compost pile under all those weeds on the right
20241010_160922.jpg

Ready to start adding poo & leaves & poo & litter box pine dust & poo & cardboard & poo.....

20241010_161652.jpg

The cardboard is almost ready to harvest. 😂

Latest posts