Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I gave the whole bed a good long soak this AM while waiting on Eva's bathtub to fill.
They're not fire ants. Or if they are, they're total pacifists. I had dozens on me & only got bitten 2 or 3 times. Not even a bad as a mosquito, itched for a moment & done.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a Sister Day Sat. Went back up to Gilman Farm for their VA Pickers event. Lots of fascinating antiques & knickknacks. I was surprised that it was soo much smaller than the swap meet. The vendors were mostly only around the front of the main buildings. I did get an iron dragon candle holder for a friend for Christmas. Then to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch 😋

The 1st garden bed is nicely filled for now. I need to start adding the manure from the hay feeder & have decided that if I can't get the neighbor with the tractor to help me move the muck, the next best option is going to be to move the feeder to a new location. It's bordering on risky to Eva's hoof health to keep feeding her there & it'll be a big plus to my back health to let it dry out a bit before digging it up. 😀

My sister has invited her in-laws to Thanksgiving dinner (at my place) 😳 I'm all in on 'The More, The Merrier' but they are quite a bit more 'city' & now I'm a little anxious about all the pretty-ing-up I'm feeling needs to be done. 9 full days off between now & then 😱