Canning

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of canners here and wanted to put it out there that Facebook has a canning group that has amazing recipes and help like we get here for our animals.

autumnprairie

Reaction score
I put canning in the search and several came up to like but the group is just called canning

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I love to can, in fact plan to can some rabbit meat soon. Anyone else can meats?

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I canned beef last year, chili, chicken mexican taco soup, only with bunny.... YUMMM

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There are tons of good canning facebook pages. A few of my favorites are the Canning Granny, Food in Jars, the Ball page and Alana Chernila (From Eating from the ground up). A lot County Master Food Preserver pages are great too.

I love to can! Ive been on a roll for the last 4 weekends. Ive made 6 quarts of black beans (and dry canned 6 half-gallon jars of dry beans), 12 half-pints of strawberry jam, 12 half-pints of blackberry jam, 12 half-pints of tripleberry jam, 12 half-pints of apricot jam, 12 quarts of blackberry cobbler, 8 quart of whole blueberries, 3 pints of blueberry syrup, 4 pints of brandied cherries, 7 quarts of whole apricots, 4 pints of Italian herbed tomatoes, 2 quarts and 9 pints of organic chicken broth, 3 pints of beets, 3 pints of carrots and right now Im halfway through a batch of Tomato Paste. I work fulltime in the city with a long commute so I have learned how to divide and conquer certain tasks  I also made 1 large sheet of Plum fruit leather. I also like to dehydrate a lot of foods too. Im just now venturing into fermented food, so well see how that goes. But canning is my favorite 

I have never canned meat. I heard it turns out tasting kind of funny and with an off texture. My husband is pretty picky about meat so I havent bothered, but I have been thinking about it more and more lately.

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh wow! You have been very busy. Do you grow your own fruit?

autumnprairie

Reaction score
Harbisgirl said:
There are tons of good canning facebook pages. A few of my favorites are the Canning Granny, Food in Jars, the Ball page and Alana Chernila (From Eating from the ground up). A lot County Master Food Preserver pages are great too.

I love to can! Ive been on a roll for the last 4 weekends. Ive made 6 quarts of black beans (and dry canned 6 half-gallon jars of dry beans), 12 half-pints of strawberry jam, 12 half-pints of blackberry jam, 12 half-pints of tripleberry jam, 12 half-pints of apricot jam, 12 quarts of blackberry cobbler, 8 quart of whole blueberries, 3 pints of blueberry syrup, 4 pints of brandied cherries, 7 quarts of whole apricots, 4 pints of Italian herbed tomatoes, 2 quarts and 9 pints of organic chicken broth, 3 pints of beets, 3 pints of carrots and right now Im halfway through a batch of Tomato Paste. I work fulltime in the city with a long commute so I have learned how to divide and conquer certain tasks  I also made 1 large sheet of Plum fruit leather. I also like to dehydrate a lot of foods too. Im just now venturing into fermented food, so well see how that goes. But canning is my favorite 

I have never canned meat. I heard it turns out tasting kind of funny and with an off texture. My husband is pretty picky about meat so I havent bothered, but I have been thinking about it more and more lately.
What is dry canned?