CGK Boer Goats January Kiddings updated pix pg 13

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The kids might show them but I am not sure if we will keep any or not. We still have Sky to kid even though I wanted her to have a doe I will have to change that order to a wether.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have had pretty good luck showing does in the meat goat show. Although I realize you may want to keep the best one for your herd. We have let the kids show them, and bought them back, since all the animals at our fair have to be sold at auction. We would just have someone buy it back for us.

Good luck with your next doe. Congrats on the triplets.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
RPC said:
Jasmine had triplet does this morning. I was in my car packing down the driveway and check one last time and there she was pushing a red doeling out. Then she had 2 more traditional does. The smaller one has a red spot under her belly. They weighed
Big Traditional 8.10 pounds
Little Traditional 7.4 pounds
Red 5.11 pounds

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab311/RPC3204/100_0828-1.jpg
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab311/RPC3204/100_0826-1.jpg
I will post more after work. I was supposed to be there almost 2 hours ago.
Congratulations!

5.11 is really small for a boer isn't it?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Not that you were asking me, or anything...but I've found w/ triplets there's usually one itty bitty one and 2 bigger kids.

You'd think the same w/ quads, but we usually have 4 equally sized.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Like roll said, having one of the three triplets being much smaller is not all that uncommon.
Personally, if it was me I would seriously consider bottle feeding the smallest one. I guess it depends on how much of a chance you are willing to take of her not doing well, or how difficult it is for you to bottle feed 3 times a day. My rule is if the triplets are pretty evenly sized and mom is experienced I leave them on, but if one of them is much smaller, I will pull it and bottle feed it. I have tried supplementing a couple times a day and leaving the runt on mom, but that hasn't always gone as planned. the problem becoming worse as the bigger two keep growing well and the smaller one doesn't keep up. The gap between the biggest and the smallest widens, but the smallest isn't used to a bottle and would rather starve to death than take a bottle at 3 or 4 weeks of age. Getting them on creep feed does help with this.

ONe good thing is that they are all girls, if the smaller one had been the only girl, I would say you pretty much have to pull her, she would never keep up.

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
20 I have thought about pulling her but she is actually the strongest one so I am thinking she might be alright and might be a fighter. Last year we showed a doe in the market class and did alright with her she was in the top half of her class. At our fair non of the animals have to go to market it is all up to the buyer.