Christmas for new goat owners

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My husband asked me what I want for Christmas this year, I said, I want a new goat pen, feeder, mineral feeder, a ton of hay and a cheese making kit.... He thought I was crazy, but the girls will be coming just after the new year, I need to have all my supplies ready....:D

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
No, that shouldn't be your Xmas gift. That is what is needed for goat keeping so it shouldn't be your present. I would ask for more goats! :lol:
I actually asked for a livestock scale...some day DH won't be able to lift all the kids to weight them. It is all for his own good. :cool:

PendergrassRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I Love it!

Drew asked me what I wanted and I said FENCING! Our current fencing is not holding the goats in so I requested something better :D

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I see I am not the only practical one here! What better way to justify the expense of getting and caring for new critters, than as a Christmas gift. I love it, I dont have to feel guilty about my animal obsession! The milk and cheese will be an added bonus..

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think it's perfect! I asked for the same thing - except I asked for a whole barn plus supplies, plus cheese making kits. Course we don't have the money for that but hey, Christmas is for miracles - thought I'd throw it out there in case Santa is feeling generous this year :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lovinglife- :woot

sometimes I wonder what our husbands are really thinking!

Catahoula said:
I actually asked for a livestock scale...some day DH won't be able to lift all the kids to weight them. It is all for his own good. :cool:
so you do that too! :lol:

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I asked for a milker since I hopefully will have milk in the Spring.With arthritic hand issues I don't think I will be doing much milking by hand..DW asked for a chainsaw (don't ask me) so I am getting her an electric chainsaw..Hopefully I will get a hand milker..More goats would work too..................Mike

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bigmike said:
I asked for a milker since I hopefully will have milk in the Spring.With arthritic hand issues I don't think I will be doing much milking by hand..DW asked for a chainsaw (don't ask me) so I am getting her an electric chainsaw..Hopefully I will get a hand milker..More goats would work too..................Mike
That is so romantic! :lol: :gig