Clutsy pregnant doe

rebecca100

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a nubian doe due anytime now to kid!!! :weee Her ligs are loosening and her hoohoo is slackening and today she was noticably trimmer looking. But I also noticed that the last few days to a week she is as clutsy as I am(at least according to dh!). She is also having a hard time standing up once she is down. Now I know from 3x experience that happens during pregnancy, but I've never had it happen to a goat. She'll be walking along, trip over a log then roll across the ground. I'll run after her and help her up, but it is starting to concern me. Any ideas goat people? Should I be worried or not? Also what should I start the babies on to make sure they grow to their full potential when they are born?

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What is CMPK? I've seen it mentioned before but I don't know what it is. Do most feed stores carry it or should I get it ordered?

I want to be sure I have everything on hand that I need as they get closer over the next few weeks.

edited: ooops, sorry started my post before the previous one.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
BTW I HIGHLY recommend you have the injectable on hand! It's vet Rx, but works faster and is easier to administer.

rebecca100

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ohhhh....Okay. So you think maybe a deficiency is her problem? I keep loose goat minerals out to her.

rebecca100

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Gone to go find some cmpk.... Be back in a minute.....