CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They may or may not stand on their own. I worked for a vet when I was in college (before I decided I did not want to be a vet ;)) If a dog whose ears SHOULD be up didn't get there on their own, he made "training aids". A piece of coat hanger bent into a U with the base length appropriate to the space between the ears and sticky foam "cones". The cones go in the ears and are then taped to the U. Conceptually (I think) the dog gets used to having "up ears" and the muscles are trained to hold them that way.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, no big deal if you aren't showing/breeding. I think most GSDs have ears that are at least mostly up if not all the way. Sometimes the tips flop over or one ear will be up and one flopped from partway up. Its called "character" ;) Pretty dog in any form.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, it has been a busy time here as late, trying to get things done before the cold temps arrive on Fri....which is the same day we have to travel to get Gabbie. I finally got the connectors changed on the heater and back in working order. Also, got the duck pool changed and the goat house cleaned and fresh thick bedding down for them to utilize if they so desire....and got the hot water tank drained at the trlr....which, by the way was the absolutely hardest tank I have ever drained. I couldn't get it to a continuous flow and had to use the 25' hose as a freakin siphon....just crazy!!....but, it is done now which is all that matters. My mouth, lips, neck, back, and legs are totally sore from being bent over for hours today and the lips and mouth from sucking on a 25' straw.....:lol:
It is suppose to rain tonite and tomorrow morning before turning colder. I still have to clean out the closet that Gabbie will be kept in until she is housebroken....it is a walk-in so don't invision her in a tiny little space. Joyce made her a bed mattress to use and her first day here we are suppose to have the coldest temps of the season so far....what a Joy it will be to take her potty in....just can't wait....:confused:....but, after 20yrs being without a dog, it will be well worth the sacrifice....:)