Coffee anyone ?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee your my only hope! Today is going to SUCK! We were up to 1 am last night and have Purim carnival at 10am.

Last night at 6pm Cassandra comes running into house screaming and asking if her eyeball is popped. She and Dominic were having fun digging holes in the yard. He was pulling hard on a root and it snapped. Trowel popped up and got Cassandra in the eye. 😱
Queue mass scrambled to get Grandpa on way for boys and Cassandra to Cook's Children. It's never good to get Red triage tag and immediate attention.

6hours later: Qualified good news. The blood was from scraps on inner eyelid and white part of eyeball. Cornea not scratched, iris intact. Get to submission pin and put in burning eye drops 4/day. Eye doctor followup on Monday.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
No circus here, just going to take it easy after working hard getting the bacon seeds planted to where hey don't sprout and take off. Had little scare this morning, went looking for them and they were nowhere to be found, fence is still online. So I shook their food can, called out for them and a head popped up out the hay bale I tossed in, all ten were buried in the hay, so cute.
So for my relaxation today I'm fueling up the excavator, going to trundle about mile to my southern lowest in elevation property and start prospecting for water like it's gold. According to well logs, nearest property to same elevation hit water at 10', I might need to go 30'. Seriously it is relaxing, not on deadline of sorts, just digging, this is going to be fun.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the bacon seeds in the hay. HA -- out on the excavator - definitely a relaxing thing - like me on the tractor. But 10-30' for water - sweet. A lot deeper here with luck. Neighboring avo farmer is drilling out his - the last owner dropped the pump o_O they've been working on it for 5 days now to get it out - and yeah a new pumpto go in of course.
PS -- you remind me of the guys on Gold Rush.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain during night, more this morn 😕 had to dump water before I could feed -- charge!! Mom at feed tubs 🤪🤐 mom moves off....goes to feed hay to distract 😵‍💫. Count for all kids....good, everyone there. Ground like wet sponge. Step, splatter. 🙄😡

Took a friend to grocery, no vehicle working. 🫤. Back & should go to work but, not in the mood now. Think I'll can this cabbage from a friend's garden -- 4 heads, they're clearing out what's left 😁👍 heck yeah, thank you!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Working with Boone on clipping his nails, being restrained, and letting me examine his ears, eyes, teeth, feet, etc. He’s such a good boy. He has learned what uh-uh means so no longer pinching Fen cuz it means facing the wrath of mom. We cracked up last night after I reminded him it was not acceptable, he did a big, noisy yawn and his mouth just happened, purely by chance, to accidentally close around Fen’s tail. 😂 Not hard, just testing to see if it was a useable loophole 😝

I gave up on trying to “make” Fen be my dog. He’s been allowed to go with ran on several quad rides to the ranch dump, up the mountain to the weir, etc. It’s snowing again today so Randy left him home because he has to go down to one of the big pastures and rescue the feed truck, and doesn’t want Fen’s muddy prints on the seat, so I get to listen to Fenny moan and complain about it 🤣 Oh the cross I have to bear! 🤪
Happy coffee!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Both dogs will come around, now that YOU have made peace with it. 🥰 You'll see. Just keep training.

While I was contemplating the cabbage shredding, DGD calls, pretty much in tears...her boyfriend had driven into soft yard off driveway (😵‍💫😡🤪why??) And spun until axle deep -- we had huge rains and this is lower end of farm, WET!! -- then took her truck thinking he could push the car out 😳😞, got it stuck. She woke up during this (she works nights) and called Grammy. So I got chains, took tractor and got both on solid ground. Then txt DD to not be shocked at the mess in yard, we'd regrade when it dried some.

Now I'm out of the mood to cook 🤣. Gotta say, the guy was impressed with the road service but, not the "talk" to keep on the roadway & not touch DGDs truck😡

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubbs did most of the work on a new pen for the hen and chicks. I divided the chicken coop so one side is adults and one side is brood and grow out. Everyone free ranges during the day. Mom and chicks were getting underfoot and chicks are a heck of a temptation for Leo and Sophie.
IMG_6803.jpeg

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still have a lot of work left. But the structure is in place. Crockett and Smitty are very disappointed about the new no dogs allowed gate. They’ve been testing eggs for quality this week. - two posts because pics wouldn’t fit on one.
IMG_6808.jpeg