Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Backing up a couple of days, I found out a lady that volunteers with me on Mondays is a member of QAnon. YIKES!!!

She has ruffled some of the folks here, so was asked to tone it down. She's not talked to me about anything in the 4 months of Mondays that I've been there.
Awhile back a former neighbor approached us about an organization. Restored Republic. Nick Fleming. This organization offers to, among other things help struggling rural America with large infusions of cash to build schools, repair infrastructure etc. Lots of hoooray for the red, white and blue. All you have to do is make a small investment and you Must Not Discuss your involvement with Anyone- Sign the Non Disclosure Agreement. The investors will get a Huge Return in a couple of months as their money will be exchanged for assorted foreign currencies then redeemed at double or triple value. The progress of your investment (there are multiple streams) can be tracked thru Intel briefs usually issued weekly. Then the excuses begin. Foreign Actors are holding up the release of funds but are certain to cooperate soon. Politicians have interfered but it will be resolved soon. Big, big Announcement soon. Your payout is on the way. Groundbreaking Soon. Shotgun Release Soon. Needless to say we didn’t get involved. I’m not computer savvy but I learned about this scheme in about 10 minutes including the criminal histories of its organizers. The government doesn’t do anything about it I suspect because it preys on maga people. What amazes me is the involvement of our neighbor who was a smart man and had a couple of coins to rub together. I have since concluded that he is one of the recruiters who are duped but get a small return to keep them working. There are numerous organizations out there who shamelessly exploit people and our present political environment. If you join up/donate be careful. (Whew. I need to find the decaf) :hide

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I failed math in school, highest education level 9th :lol:
Shows the effectiveness of Gov education. If you are like me, you taught yourself everything you needed to know. I dropped out in 9th grade too. Actually I was kicked out for attendance. They taught something Mon, then did the same Tues, Wed, Thurs, then tested Fri. So I went Mon & Fri. Aced the tests. They threw me out with straight A’s 😤

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I failed math in school, highest education level 9th :lol:
I barely got through the mandatory math, never understood fractions until I got past the class and learned how to read a tape. When I started as a pipe fitter the only reason I stuck to it instead of going back to stockyards and hauling hay is because it came easy to me. Later as a welder I could/did do the math with a piece of soapstone and an I-beam or concrete floor faster than my fitter/fitters could use a calculator.
You know what I need next out here, a mule, seriously a mule.
I was thinking just that when you mentioned needing a utv/atv or 4 wheeler the other day. 1 could drag a LOT of t-post and fit between 2 trees.
Shows the effectiveness of Gov education. If you are like me, you taught yourself everything you needed to know. I dropped out in 9th grade too. Actually I was kicked out for attendance. They taught something Mon, then did the same Tues, Wed, Thurs, then tested Fri. So I went Mon & Fri. Aced the tests. They threw me out with straight A’s 😤
Another Mark Twain
"I never let schooling get in the way of my education".

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I barely got through the mandatory math, never understood fractions until I got past the class and learned how to read a tape. When I started as a pipe fitter the only reason I stuck to it instead of going back to stockyards and hauling hay is because it came easy to me. Later as a welder I could/did do the math with a piece of soapstone and an I-beam or concrete floor faster than my fitter/fitters could use a calculator.

I was thinking just that when you mentioned needing a utv/atv or 4 wheeler the other day. 1 could drag a LOT of t-post and fit between 2 trees.

Another Mark Twain
"I never let schooling get in the way of my education".
Not just t-posts, but tree/juniper saplings to use as fence posts too. Help thin some of this out as it's going to just grow to be a weak tree anyways with so many so close together.
Wife agrees I should get one under one condition, I must ride it down the road appearing to be drunk and drinking while singing off key past the drunk neighbors down below:gig

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
My last math teacher ? 1970ish was very upset about “kids these days”. He raged at a cowering class about hippies, marijuana, girls wearing makeup, girls wearing mini skirts, boys with long hair, draft dodgers and the general stupidity of everyone until another teacher would shut the classroom door because the yelling could be heard up and down the 2nd floor. He was a tall man with a nearly mesmerizing set of straight, white teeth. For over twenty years this man was allowed to teach, juggled from school to school when there were complaints. When he was seventyish he held his wife of four decades at gunpoint in their home for several hours. She escaped and he charged the swat team. They arrested him after a struggle that left a couple of officers injured, including awful bites. Still the local judge only reluctantly assigned mental health treatment and no incarceration. And I still don’t get long division… as a commercial artist I used a proportion wheel to convert percentages. Learned I had dyscalculia, dyslexia’s annoying little sister. Once I knew that I worked out how to compensate.