Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crockett went to the vet today and is home again. He’s still in the woods but slightly better. New meds but still has appetite problems. Can’t convince him to eat anything other than nibbles of meat and cheap hot dogs :sick Vet said to add carbs and fiber. I said Yes to the fiber. Definitely fiber. Yep. Hubbs did an end run to our Rescue four days ago, submitting an application. I asked for a response today as they have always been punctual. Got my head bitten off for bothering them during a dog emergency (how was I to know?) and on a holiday weekend (never a problem before). Was soundly verbally thrashed for the stress they were under and how I was adding to it. I replied
“ Are we adopting or not? Let me know.”
At least no politics came up. That rescue has good dogs. They know what they’re doing and the dogs come chipped, clipped, fixed and dipped. They are worth getting. Customer Service has gotten a little sour though.

Let’s go Team Ree!

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crockett went to the vet today and is home again. He’s still in the woods but slightly better. New meds but still has appetite problems. Can’t convince him to eat anything other than nibbles of meat and cheap hot dogs :sick Vet said to add carbs and fiber. I said Yes to the fiber. Definitely fiber. Yep. Hubbs did an end run to our Rescue four days ago, submitting an application. I asked for a response today as they have always been punctual. Got my head bitten off for bothering them during a dog emergency (how was I to know?) and on a holiday weekend (never a problem before). Was soundly verbally thrashed for the stress they were under and how I was adding to it. I replied
“ Are we adopting or not? Let me know.”
At least no politics came up. That rescue has good dogs. They know what they’re doing and the dogs come chipped, clipped, fixed and dipped. They are worth getting. Customer Service has gotten a little sour though.

Let’s go Team Ree!
Man.... I wish Crockett would perk up. I love how the vet tells you to "add carbs and fiber" to a dog that isn't eating. :rolleyes:

Also... sucky rescue place.

:hugs

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Man.... I wish Crockett would perk up. I love how the vet tells you to "add carbs and fiber" to a dog that isn't eating. :rolleyes:

Also... sucky rescue place.

:hugs
Me too and thanks. I have a feeling we rearranged deck chairs on the Titanic. The problem with new dog sources-
1) Good ol boys who have LGDs but (quote- consider them livestock and give them no care but rabies shot and minimal feed.)
2) Yep those puppies are ????Pyrenees or whatever.
3) Puppy has to be extricated from a den, had no socialization because they are livestock.
I get it. People don’t want to invest in LGDs because the small stock is “the wife’s deal” and probably be a short lived project. Then when “the goats are gone” they want to charge me $850 for a dog that has rarely been handled, received almost no vet care, and is potentially a psychopath. “Good luck Missus”.
The Breeders. Our dogs are so special we must charge you thousands. Then (toot toot) the March of the Contracts. You Must. You Can’t. We Will Not Allow.
How in the hell did acquiring a dog get so difficult?

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Blue Sky you nailed it. Rescues want you to keep LGDs in the house! They are screwballs.

Coffee is ready. Got to work a few sheep this morning. Got 4 loads of dirt yesterday. 1 in the yard, granddaughters have next 2 days to play in it, and I told them they can add the water hose. I got about half the other 3 loads spread, will finish today.