Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Leo just did a recall, just under a quarter mile with me out of sight. GOOD BOY! The first step to go-get-the-sheep. Also proves that he’s not Anatolian- he minds :lol: image.jpg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Best idea yet!

If they do not want you to improve the road.... on your own dime.... then let them rot.
They couldn't even get out of their yard even if I fixed the road. That's where they got stuck, in their own yard!:gigTo top it off wasn't one truck it was two, I hitched both of them up and got them out in one pull.
Nope y'all just going to have to wait till the ground defrosts and dries up to get traction.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
They couldn't even get out of their yard even if I fixed the road. That's where they got stuck, in their own yard!:gigTo top it off wasn't one truck it was two, I hitched both of them up and got them out in one pull.
Nope y'all just going to have to wait till the ground defrosts and dries up to get traction.
It’s sad how people don’t recognize the good will of their neighbors. We all need neighbors at some point.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s sad how people don’t recognize the good will of their neighbors. We all need neighbors at some point.
I've learned neighbors doesn't always mean the ones that live right next to you. So if the ones next to you are like these, then it's best to look further down the road. Distance a neighbor is, is a matter of prospective.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Decent temps but, humidity on rise. We've had it low for a week and that was nice. Moved goats to different pastures yesterday. A few didn't move, kids did. So tonight I'll need to milk a couple. Did some kid wrestling yesterday, 3 got cocci treated. That'll be repeated this evening. Made a feed run and unloaded a few hundred pounds. They were out of alf pellets I use, so will stop at another store today, as I have to go in town for a small job.

I'll get out the "pee strips" and hope to catch some from these I'll milk later. Believe 95% are bred but, need to get an idea of "if & how far" on these to decide to milk a couple months or dry sooner. 🤷. I can make some more cheese if I milked them a while. Will see how it goes.

This is 2nd Sat of month - usually goat auction day. Looked at site mid week and found they had it first Sat this month due to the facility scheduled screw up :he :ep crap!! Now I have the 3 young bucks another few weeks. One may stay until Jan for freezer fill. He's looking real good and I need one. 🫤. May consider taking one of my mature bucks to sell. Downsize.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. 74 with tolerable humidity. Saturday chores started. I figured out the ram rut behavior is focused on the ewe who can’t get pregnant. She cycles but no lambs. So freezer camp for her and a couple of rams. Racka lambs in mid October since he spent his first month here fishing not catching. No news from Rescue about a timeline for a pup. I’m letting Hubbs handle it. We chose one, needs neutering, lots of variables on that. Caddo (aloha boy) seems to have things under control and the other dogs provide a useful canine presence.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
50's here this morning.
Slept in and just been lounging around. About to drive to Starbucks to try and pound as much studying into my head as I can. Football game tonight, should be fun.
Kinda injured all of my left leg running, so trying to take a short break to let things heal a little before I get back at it. Not really sure what to do without running.